Moviedweeb

The last five films you've seen

looper 6.5/10Twister 7.5/10 (lol its fun)Christmas with The Kranks 7/10Home Alone 2 8/10Borne Legacy 7.5/10I am one of those people who still watch movies on TV..Next will be Lampoon's X-mas vacation and Home Alone which is like Christmas Tradition at my house..."TDKR 3 times A"you watch it 3 times in short sucession? I watched it twice over 5 months and ended up feeling so glub can't imagine 3 times in a few weeks

Edited by Lordmandeep

Stay Hungry (6.0)The Hobbit 2D (9.0)The Hobbit 3D 48fps (7.5)The Hobbit 2D (8.5)Christmas Vacation (9.5)After trying out 48fps to form my own opinion, I had to go back and watch it again in 24fps to shake it off.

Edited by BiffMan

What did you think of the 48fps 3D?

Vastly reduced the judder in 3D and made it considerably sharper. Not worth the trade-off for making most of the rest of it look like a 1970s BBC show. Although I have a suspicion that the set designers and lighting crew may be as much or more to blame than the 48fps.48fps is a good thing for 3D and much much better than 24fps 3D, but on the whole I'd rather watch in 24fps 2D than 48fps 3D Edited by BiffMan

Vastly reduced the judder in 3D and made it considerably sharper. Not worth the trade-off for making most of the rest of it look like a 1970s BBC show. Although I have a suspicion that the set designers and lighting crew may be as much or more to blame than the 48fps.48fps is a good thing for 3D and much much better than 24fps 3D, but on the whole I'd rather watch in 24fps 2D than 48fps 3D

I agree about it being better than 24fps 3D and thought a lot of it was really stunning. But there were moments that looked poor and as if the film was on a slight fast forward. I think it has huge potential though.

I agree about it being better than 24fps 3D and thought a lot of it was really stunning. But there were moments that looked poor and as if the film was on a slight fast forward. I think it has huge potential though.

Agreed, and I think simply using a mix of the two would work out fine for most things. Go 48fps for the fast action and heavy panning shots, keep it at 24fps to maintain that sense of "theater" and grandeur for static and character-heavy shots. 3D computer animation is where 48fps would really shine, although that'll suck for the studios when they need twice as much computing time to render the movie. Would look pretty stunning though.

Agreed, and I think simply using a mix of the two would work out fine for most things. Go 48fps for the fast action and heavy panning shots, keep it at 24fps to maintain that sense of "theater" and grandeur for static and character-heavy shots.3D computer animation is where 48fps would really shine, although that'll suck for the studios when they need twice as much computing time to render the movie. Would look pretty stunning though.

I agree, well said.