baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates,

There is way less of that stuff than in TDK. That's not even debatable.Still, as much as I enjoyed the movie it wouldn't surprise me if WOM was mixed. It's a heavy film whether one likes it or not. Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Or maybe WOM has kicked in and it's just not that good a movie. Maybe the over long film, the lack of the Joker, no controversial death of one of its high profile cast members, no performance of a lifetime from one of its cast members, the fact that its depressing, makes no sense in some parts, has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates, boring in some parts, has an inaudible villain at times, has Alfred crying every other scene and just lacks all the charm and fun of the first two Nolan Batman films, these could be the reasons it is not doing well. Call me crazy, I know.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/moviegoers-still-scared-the-watch-and-step-up-revolution-cant-crack-6m-friday-dark-knight-rises-passes-400m-global/

To be expected with NRG research currently showing that 20%-25% of the domestic moviegoing audience is still very hesitant to go this weekend because of the Colorado theater shooting.

Shooting is still having impact.

I bought BB on BR last night and I watched it and TDK back to back. I laughed at the Alfred part in BB when he says "Nevah", it reminded me of you guys. lolAnd it also showed me how brilliant both films are and what TDKR was lacking.

• Like 1

My club is fine. It's not a failure, not a success, it's in the limbo, we don't know what could have happened. Same goes for TDKR's total.

Why are you in denial man? It may or may not have made 200m if that shooting hadn't happened, okay, but the fact is, it didn't. So it's a fail and a big one.
  • Like 1

So What did BKB say to get himself banned?

It was a culmination of things but he made a comment about the shooting, I don't remember exactly what though.

With box office you're going to have highs and lows in the end everything will balance out

OS numbers are already balancing things out for TDKR. 'Thank God for the international figures' is a sentence I never thought I'd write for a Batman movie. Edited by Hatebox

So What did BKB say to get himself banned?

That the shooter was a Nolanite who was mad at the critics on Rotten Tomatoes. He said it right after the shooting was first reported. I will be fair to him and say that Red Devil said something just as bad, that the shooter was a Marvel or Avengers fan trying to scare people away from watching the Batman movie. Red Devil was only suspended for a week I think, yet BKB was suspended for 6 months. That's wrong IMHO. If they're guilty of the same thing, then they deserve the same suspension. I think they both should have been banned for a month.

Sorry, I don't buy it. How many people did they interview? 50? 100?

You don't have to buy it but it's still having impact. Olympics opening ceremony had the bigger effect but shooting is still contributing.