baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

If people disliked a member solely for having a different opinion, we'd have to ban half the board. BKB's problem isn't having a different opinion, its being an intentionally negative person that doesn't contribute anything constructive to a conversation.

Yes, I do agree with that. There isn't much he contributes here except for perpetual negativity.

18M is from WB itself, so it is more reliable.......But I won't be surprised if actuals go down.......

Rth is the most accurate source we have, he may be off, but never by more than a few percentage points.

Thanks for the info!

• Founder / Operator

The Watch looks like it should do better but look at Vaughn's last film, The Dilemma, it opened to 17 mill and Stillers last one, with Eddie Murphy Tower Heist opened to 24 mill. So 15 mill is lower than these, but is it the shooting or just that the trailers were not that good?

I think its both personally. Their drawing power has diminished, but the trailers were mediocre at best. The film also had the association with the Florida shooting earlier this year. Just a lot playing against it.
  • Like 1

The Watch looks like it should do better but look at Vaughn's last film, The Dilemma, it opened to 17 mill and Stillers last one, with Eddie Murphy Tower Heist opened to 24 mill. So 15 mill is lower than these, but is it the shooting or just that the trailers were not that good?

I also wonder if large amounts of African Americans have personally resolved not to see it. That is 12% of the movie-going population.

• Founder / Operator

It's weird that 2001 still ended up one of the biggest ticket selling years ever.

Never underestimate the need for escapism, I always say. :)Releasing Potter and LOTR within one month of each other certainly didn't hurt things either...
  • Like 1

Not trying to get a disagreement going here but I personally think BKB's opinion on film is what rubs people the wrong way. If he gushed over all the films that everyone seems to like here, I don't think he'd be nearly as disliked. But he has disparaging things to say about a lot of the popular films here and for some reason people get offended by that.

His opinion on films isn't what rubs me the wrong way. In fact if I had to choose Avengers gets the slight nod over TDKR. But he never wants to engage people in an actual discussion, he never acknowledges other viewpoints
  • Like 2

don't see the big deal with BKB, and this is coming from a Nolan/Batman fan. He seems like a total jokester and I always like reading and laughing at this posts. His shooting comment really is the only bad thing he did.

He apologized without end a week ago after he realized he wrote something stupid. Those six months are way too much IMO. I don't care too much because I really hated the fact he always wrote everything in bold letters...

And well on its way to beating every non-Joker Batman movie by a considerable margin in admissions. Considering none of those other films had a mass shooting during their opening night, I'd say this is a pretty good result. Other people got their expectations way out of whack due to TDK's success, but the history of the franchise is there to be studied. Folks ignored it. Too bad for you guys. Doesn't make this a bad result when put in the correct perspective.

You're right. Second time a franchise will have 2 400M grossers. :bravo:TDKR has nothing to be ashamed about.

Let's get back to some numbers. Anything for Spidey, IA, Ted or Brave?

Spidey was pulled from theaters and had to send out checks to 1000s of patrons. Finla gross is 199.5 mill. :)

And well on its way to beating every non-Joker Batman movie by a considerable margin in admissions. Considering none of those other films had a mass shooting during their opening night, I'd say this is a pretty good result. Other people got their expectations way out of whack due to TDK's success, but the history of the franchise is there to be studied. Folks ignored it. Too bad for you guys. Doesn't make this a bad result when put in the correct perspective.

Thank for that logical post