Neo

Comic Thread

I usually only pick up number one issues if I am interested in a series.  I don't stick with them like I did when I was a kid

The last 2 series I stuck with were limited runs so I knew there would be an ending :P  

I usually only pick up number one issues if I am interested in a series.  I don't stick with them like I did when I was a kid

The last 2 series I stuck with were limited runs so I knew there would be an ending :P

What  was it that you read my friend and I hope you saw the Flash mid season finale OMG.... Well lets just say I was partially right on some things lol.... Hah hah.. Crazy ending!!

I did the whole Before Watchmen series and The Star Wars series (the one based on the original notes that Lucas made)

and yes I saw the Flash and Arrow mid season finales ;)

I hope your not supporting the reboot of SM though good buddy, I mean they made Spidey make a pact with the devil and erase the love of his life and all sorts of BS. Once a marriage is established for decades and great stories , they should just make other stories

of Spiderman, leave the MJ and Peter Parker marriage and adventures and tribulations alone and let them flourish and develop

in there own universe

I've not bought Amazing Spider-man since OMD as a monthly title. I did get the Spider-Island HC book though.

I'm buying Spider-man 2099 & SpiderWoman--but no Parker monthly. Doesn't hurt that I can barely stomach Ramos' artwork. Too kiddie & manga-esque for what I think should be more "serious" art a book. 

I'm still intermittently working my way through Essential Ghost Rider vol.1 of his debut & 70's stories and really enjoying that. I'm almost done though. If you've not read those and are a GR fan I'd recommend them. The amount of direct talk about Satan, sacrifices, rituals & demons in a book that was clearly, at the time, marketed to 10-16 age group, is fascinating. Now we might not raise an eyebrow but then was a different time. What I find even more interesting is the vague balance being struck now. I kid you not, when Satan seems finally ready to claim Johnny's soul about issue #12/13 a mysterious "Friend" manages to thwart Satan merely by saying "No, you can't have Johnny, he's proven his worth and redeemed himself". Johnny talks about what a MIRACLE (it's bolded in the book) it was that this just happened. The Friend looks spot on to what the Western Judeo look is for Jesus, here though he's in western wear and kinda resembles a drifter. He just came back in issue #16. 

I also just read The Valiant #1 and that's a solid issue, mostly set up but if anyone has been curious about VALIANT comics and their characters this is a pretty intro friendly mini-series. 

Curious to know what titles you guys read every month. Heres my list from both Marvel and DC. Its mostly consistent i dont drop titles very often unless its a really boring story.

Marvel:

Amazing Spiderman (atm reading all the spiderverse tie ins too)

Wolverines

Avengers

New Avengers

Cyclops

Uncanny Avengers

Spiderman and the Xmen

Thor

Inhuman

Ms Marvel

Nova

Uncanny Xmen

Loki-Agent of Asgard

Magneto (not all the time though)

Guardians of the Galaxy

All new Xmen

Angela Assassin of Asgard

Avengers World

thats all i can think of from the top of my head. Havent included any event cross over titles. Reading all of spiderverse right now and finished all of Axis with the tie ins too.

DC:

Justice League

Superman

Batman

Batman and Robin

Batman Eternal

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern New Guardians

Red Lanterns

Sinestro

Lobo

Earth 2

Earth 2 Worlds End

New 52 Futures End

Aquaman and the others (most of the time)

Aquaman

Worlds Finest

The Flash

Wonder Woman

Batman/Superman

Superman/Wonder Woman

Supergirl

New Suicide Squad

Justice League United

Justice League 3000

Constantine

Justice League Dark

Teen Titans (not fond of the new series)

Infinity Man and the Forever People

Trinity of Sin

I think thats about it. 

Edited by Omario