mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

I know a lot of people have predicted $450M for TDKR but at this rate, it doesn't look likely.

It all comes down to this weekend. $30M is crucial.

I know a lot of people have predicted $450M for TDKR but at this rate, it doesn't look likely.

It is still pretty likely. The high Monday drop means that it will behave like a weekend movie, that's all.Projections:Mon: 8.2MTue: 8.5MWed: 6.5MThurs: 6.5MFri: 10M (+55%)Sat: 14M (+40%)Sun: 10.5M (-25%)

Actually, I think it is tracking right at 450M. It is basically even in the dailies with DMC, and it has a $25M lead. Considering DMC finished with almost $425, that puts TDKR right around 450M.
  • Like 3

It all comes down to this weekend. $30M is crucial.

OK.I'm a bit worried about the film's legs so far.I understand why the opening weekend and week was depressed but i expected some crazy holdover business this weekend and this week.The repeat business from the movie should be much stronger than it is. (it's a really good movie that everyone should watch at least thrice!).

Actually, I think it is tracking right at 450M. It is basically even in the dailies with DMC, and it has a $25M lead. Considering DMC finished with almost $425, that puts TDKR right around 450M.

It has a $29m lead on DMC through Monday. But yes, dailies are eerily similar between the two.

It is still pretty likely. The high Monday drop means that it will behave like a weekend movie, that's all.Projections:Mon: 8.2MTue: 8.5MWed: 6.5MThurs: 6.5MFri: 10M (+55%)Sat: 14M (+40%)Sun: 10.5M (-25%)

OK.Looking good then!

Monday Estimate = 8.2mil (-58+%)DMC second Monday's actual = 7,912,691 (-58.3%)TDKR Tuesday Estimate = ?TDK = 9,629,366 (-8.4%)DMC = 7,490,004 (-5.3%)I feel like TDKR can increase a bit on Tuesday. However if it drops the same pace as TDK, it will be at $7.54mil (still higher than DMC)

It has a $29m lead on DMC through Monday. But yes, dailies are eerily similar between the two.

Yes.And since TDKR has better WOM and IMAX, it should at least keep pace with DMC from here on.