CAYOM Year 4 Discussion

Hiccup, there would not be a 3D 2 released 6 months after the first one epicly flopped (It lost over $100 million!!!!!). It's not gonna happen. Sorry, I'm not putting it up because there is no freaking way that film would exist unless the studio people were incredibly retarded.

Edited by 4815162342

No Hiccup, I'm invoking the power of "I call Bullshit." No other player would put up that film, for good reason, and you doing actuals doesn't give you carte blanche to put it up.Seriously, this is a fun game and all but some shit just can't fly, and 3D 2 is that kind of shit.

No Hiccup, I'm invoking the power of "I call Bullshit." No other player would put up that film, for good reason, and you doing actuals doesn't give you carte blanche to put it up.Seriously, this is a fun game and all but some shit just can't fly, and 3D 2 is that kind of shit.

Ok whatever.

Also, I changed the date on 39 Steps to March 7 to avoid competition. It was originally the 21, then even more originally the 14, and it's marked on the main calender as 14 right now. So, yeah, just posting here to make sure you see it, Numbers. :D

Yeah, I'm sending out the last two Avatar sequels to die. I feel like I need to release them, so maybe they won't bomb as hard in the terrible times of the market.

I can understand this better than Hiccup regurgitating a piece of slop for no reason, but Airbender 1 did flop pretty substantially. If it happened to me I'd accept the loss and move on since it's very likely 2 and 3 will do just as poorly.Date change noted.

I can understand this better than Hiccup regurgitating a piece of slop for no reason, but Airbender 1 did flop pretty substantially. If it happened to me I'd accept the loss and move on since it's very likely 2 and 3 will do just as poorly.

You have a good point. I'll remove the films and replace them with the other sequel I have coming out, along with a press release about the Avatar sequels going direct-to-video in the Magazine thread.

Starting to read movies posted thus far for Year 4 & doing a 2-3 sentences review on each.This is the first time I'll be doing a review thread...I'll do the thread once Part 1 is over of course...but I'll have the reviews ready at least.Looking forward to seeing what everyones come up with! Right now my most anticipated to read are the JJ Abrams movie & The Last six

• Like 1

Alright, I'm through. I've tried like 5 times to paste my film, even splitting it in half, and the thing is, it's no longer than BaN was and that was able to fit into one post. I absolutely cannot paste the film, even splitting it, though, because it loads so slowly and then gives me a message saying the web page could not be loaded.Is anyone else having this problem?

Wow. I can't even paste just one paragraph of the film. I don't understand. I mean, Numbers was able to post Alesia and that's long, and I can't even post a paragraph of my film. If this persists, I'll flip.

It might be a computer issue?

If all else fails you could PM the plot to me and I can post it in a new post with a huge disclaimer saying "THIS IS UEKA'S FILM!"

Well, I got the first paragraph up...but as you can see, it posted all fucked up. I don't know what that's about.EDIT: and it does the same in PMs.EDIT EDIT: Testing with double spaces between words:Aphonerings,andanoldwomanEDIT EDIT EDIT: Didn't workEDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: damn it! it looks like I might have to post it paragraph by paragraph and go through spacing the words out. it will basically be like re-typing it. fuck!EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I should note that when I do try opening the document on my computer in Libre Office where I write and save my CAYOM films, it takes an eternity to load...and it doesn't do that for any other document.TEST 2:A phone rings, and an old woman turns on the light, looks at the clock, puts on her glasses, and answers.Hello? Who is this?There's some murmuring on the other end.Are you sure it's him?she asks, and then listens some more, then says,Thank you for telling me.She hangs up and stares intently at the clock, which now reads 1:01 A.M. She sighs and climbs out of bed and goes to put on some clothes.

Edited by The Creator

Holy shit! I might have figured out a way to fix it! As you can see from Test 2 above.

TEST 3:

1:00 A.M.

Aphonerings,andanoldwomanturnsonthelight,looksattheclock,putsonherglasses,andanswers.Hello?Whoisthis?There'ssomemurmuringontheotherend.Areyousureit'shim?sheasks,andthenlistenssomemore,thensays,Thankyoufortellingme.Shehangsupandstaresintentlyattheclock,whichnowreads1:01A.M.Shesighsandclimbsoutofbedandgoestoputonsomeclothes.

Amiddle-agedwomannamedJuliaissittingonthefootofherbedcrying.TheTVison,astaticscreen.TheclockbehindJuliareads1:00A.M.There'saknockonthedoor,andshesays,Justaminute.Wipingawaytearsandcheckingherselfinthemirror,adisheveledJuliagoestoopenthedoor.HergirlfriendRachelisthereandasksifshecancomein,andJuliasaysit'snotagoodtime,butRachelinsistsandJulialetsherin.Theysitonthefootofthebedtogether,andRachelcomfortsJuliaandaskswhat'swrong.Juliasays,Hejustwalkedout.Wegotintoabigfightagain,andheleft.Shebreaksdownsobbing,askingwhatshedidwrong,andRachelsaysit'snotherfault,butJuliasaystheyneverusedtofightlikethis.Theywerealwayssoclose.RachelasksJuliawhattheyfoughtabout,andJuliasaysitwasdumb.Theyweretryingtodiscusstheirupcominglivingarrangements,andtheymentionedJerry(whomwecaninferisadog),andhe(justhe,nonamegiven)insistedthatJerrystaywithhim.Juliajustwantedtocornerhimandtriedoptingforthedog,sayinghewouldjustneglectit,andtheygotintoafightovercustodyofadog.ShebreaksdownsomemoreandRacheltellsherthatshecouldkickhimintheballsforherifshewanted,tryingtocheerherup.ItdoesgetaslightlaughfromJulia,butshewipesmoretearsandsaysthatshe'llbefine.Racheldoesn'tthinksoandpourstwoglassesofwine.Shesays,Let'stalksomemore.Theclockreads1:03A.M.

1:02 A.M.

Ateenageboy,James,pullsuptoahouse,hiscarridingonagravellydriveway,andhecutsthelights.He'ssmokingacigaretteandwaitsforthesignal;alightflashesonandoffinanupstairsroom.Jamessitsaroundwaitingafewsecondsandthenthescreendooropensandateenagegirlrushesdownbutgoesbacktore-lockthedoor.ShegetsinthecarinthepassengerseatandJamesoffersheracigarette.Shesaysnothere.Justgo,shesays,andhepullsoutofthedrivewayandthroughsometreesuntilhereachesthemainroad,wherehecutshislightsbackon.Thegirltakesthecigaretteandsmokes,andsherollsthewindowdown,herhairwhippingabout.Jamesasksherifshe'salright,callingherAmy.Amysaysit'sherdad.Hewasdrunkagainandheandhermomgotinabigfight,andhehitheragain.Jamesasksifhehitheralso,butAmysaysshelockedherselfinherroom.Jamesputsonsomemusic,sayingitwillkeephermindoffit,andhepromiseseverythingwouldbealright.Justdon'tthinkaboutittonight,hesays.Yeah,Iguess.” “Itwillbefun,Ipromise.” “Sowhere'sthispartyatanyways,James?” “AtDale's.Theradio'sclockreads1:05A.M.

Edited by The Creator

Aw...and Test 3 proved Test 2 invalid. So Test 4:EDIT: Test 4...looks like I might have to post it in notepad then transfer here. Sigh...A phone rings, and an old woman turns on the light, looks at the clock, puts on her glasses, and answers. “Hello? Who is this?” There's some murmuring on the other end. “Are you sure it's him?” she asks, and then listens some more, then says, “Thank you for telling me.” She hangs up and stares intently at the clock, which now reads 1:01 A.M. She sighs and climbs out of bed and goes to put on some clothes.A middle-aged woman named Julia is sitting on the foot of her bed crying. The TV is on, a static screen. The clock behind Julia reads 1:00 A.M. There's a knock on the door, and she says, “Just a minute.” Wiping away tears and checking herself in the mirror, a disheveled Julia goes to open the door. Her girlfriend Rachel is there and asks if she can come in, and Julia says it's not a good time, but Rachel insists and Julia lets her in. They sit on the foot of the bed together, and Rachel comforts Julia and asks what's wrong. Julia says, “He just walked out. We got into a big fight again, and he left.” She breaks down sobbing, asking what she did wrong, and Rachel says it's not her fault, but Julia says they never used to fight like this. They were always so close. Rachel asks Julia what they fought about, and Julia says it was dumb. They were trying to discuss their upcoming living arrangements, and they mentioned Jerry (whom we can infer is a dog), and he (just he, no name given) insisted that Jerry stay with him. Julia just wanted to corner him and tried opting for the dog, saying he would just neglect it, and they got into a fight over custody of a dog. She breaks down some more and Rachel tells her that she could kick him in the balls for her if she wanted, trying to cheer her up. It does get a slight laugh from Julia, but she wipes more tears and says that she'll be fine. Rachel doesn't think so and pours two glasses of wine. She says, “Let's talk some more.” The clock reads 1:03 A.M.A teenage boy, James, pulls up to a house, his car riding on a gravelly driveway, and he cuts the lights. He's smoking a cigarette and waits for the signal; a light flashes on and off in an upstairs room. James sits around waiting a few seconds and then the screen door opens and a teenage girl rushes down but goes back to re-lock the door. She gets in the car in the passenger seat and James offers her a cigarette. She says not here. “Just go,” she says, and he pulls out of the driveway and through some trees until he reaches the main road, where he cuts his lights back on. The girl takes the cigarette and smokes, and she rolls the window down, her hair whipping about. James asks her if she's alright, calling her Amy. Amy says it's her dad. He was drunk again and he and her mom got in a big fight, and he hit her again. James asks if he hit her also, but Amy says she locked herself in her room. James puts on some music, saying it will keep her mind off it, and he promises everything would be alright. “Just don't think about it tonight,” he says. “Yeah, I guess.” “It will be fun, I promise.” “So where's this party at anyways, James?” “At Dale's.” The radio's clock reads 1:05 A.M.EDIT EDIT: But fuck, notepad doesn't paragraph break for me...and I have to go through a re-add the bold times. I wondered if the bold times were the problem, but they're not because I've copied/pasted without them in.

Edited by The Creator