Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

Oh shit. What did you think of the end product? :lol:

I wasn't a big fan when I first saw it. I thought Reynolds did a pretty good job. And Sarsgard clearly was having fun. Lively, well she's pretty. But the pacing was off and I wished we spent more time in OA. But I saw the extended cut and while it's better it's not that much better. Originally I'd have rated it a C-. Now it's about a C+ . Funny thing is I've had it on the background while it played on HBO or Cinemax and I've been too lazy to change the channel most times

She's a purdy lady, but she doesn't have a "wow"-factor to her, IMO

We'll disagree about that.

So I'm guessing Total Recall has a 70% chance of beating TDKR?

Only way TR has any chance, is if it makes 14-15M on OD. TDKR should finish ahead of TR but like I said, let's wait for Rth. Nikke could be overstating TR like last week, when she had 20.1M for TDKR.

We'll disagree about that.Only way TR has any chance, is if it makes 14-15M on OD. TDKR should finish ahead of TR but like I said, let's wait for Rth. Nikke could be overstating TR like last week, when she had 20.1M for TDKR.

Crazy she had 20.1 after Rth posted his number here.

I wasn't a big fan when I first saw it. I thought Reynolds did a pretty good job. And Sarsgard clearly was having fun. Lively, well she's pretty. But the pacing was off and I wished we spent more time in OA. But I saw the extended cut and while it's better it's not that much better. Originally I'd have rated it a C-. Now it's about a C+ . Funny thing is I've had it on the background while it played on HBO or Cinemax and I've been too lazy to change the channel most times

Um.. well.. good for you, then. :P

I hear such bad things about Nikki.

Nikki is the queen.She's an opinionated blowhard gangsta rebel. But she is the Queen of boxoffice. Without her early numbers there would be no fun around here. She's not accurate like Rth. (different sources) but she is miles ahead of Variety and their crew.

How are any of the openers over performing? What did you guys expect TR to do....22 mill? And Wimpy is on track for 17-20. The other two averaged about 22 mill, so how is this film over performing? I don't get it.

Um.. well.. good for you, then. :P

I'll say this I find more entertaining than Batman and Robin, Catwoman, X-Men the Last Stand, the Spirit, Steel, Elektra and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.It's probably around the same tier for me as Spidey 3 and Batman Forever.

Isn't Total Recall getting IMAX screenings? What a waste, all of that could go for TASM. By the way, TASM is premiering in my town tonight. Fucking huge line, just like it was when they released The Avengers. I'm probably getting a session tomorrow. :D

Isn't Total Recall getting IMAX screenings? What a waste, all of that could go for TASM. By the way, TASM is premiering in my town tonight. Fucking huge line, just like it was when they released The Avengers. I'm probably getting a session tomorrow. :D

Only getting some IMAX screens internationally I think

How are any of the openers over performing? What did you guys expect TR to do....22 mill? And Wimpy is on track for 17-20. The other two averaged about 22 mill, so how is this film over performing? I don't get it.

They're not over-performing. They were gonna do this all along. It's just this board had ridiculous expectations with TR at least. You were one of the few I saw that wasn't predicting 20m OW or less for TR this past week. Edited by MovieMan89

I'll say this I find more entertaining than Batman and Robin, Catwoman, X-Men the Last Stand, the Spirit, Steel, Elektra and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.It's probably around the same tier for me as Spidey 3 and Batman Forever.

Umm.. Well, thats just like, your opinion, man.

Also, Nikki states that Total Recall may beat TDKR...

They're not over-performing. They were gonna do this all along. It's just this board had ridiculous expectations with TR at least. You were one of the few I saw that wasn't predicting 20m OW or less for TR this past week.

Thanks. I just don't see how (no offense to those who did) anyone could predict less than 20 OW for Total Recall. Maybe 30 is high but 20? That's why i made the summer game question 25 mill.

Isn't Total Recall getting IMAX screenings? What a waste, all of that could go for TDKR. By the way, TASM is premiering in my town tonight. Fucking huge line, just like it was when they released The Avengers. I'm probably getting a session tomorrow. :D

FTFY :)

I'll be surprised TR wins the Friday. And there's no shot at it winning the weekend. This is eerily similar to TDK and Mummy 3 except I think TDKR will win the weekend by a wider margin than TDK.

Why wouldn't TR win Friday? I don't see why it wouldn't?

Also, Nikki states that Total Recall may beat TDKR...

I read the article and I don't think she says it will. If it opens to a 10-12 mill Friday and TDKR is close behind, TDKR will be guaranteed to win.