The Movie Man

*SPOILERS* Can someone explain to me why Nolan ended Batman this way?

Batman's Ending  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How well did you think Batman was ended?

• Perfectly!
    • Great!
    • Good - But with too many questions!
    • Just OK!

I have seen The Dark Knight Rises about 5 times, as I see it as my second movie, but I don't understand some of the ways that Nolan ended Batman.

* Batman said many times that anyone could be Batman!

* He showed Blake/Robin where the Batcave was!

* He fixed the Batlight!

* He didn't tell anyone else that he was leaving and wouldn't be Batman anymore! (and he knew the auto-pilot was fixed so you have to think that Batman lived!)

So did Nolan/Batman leave it, for Blake/Robin to continue on as Batman, as no one else knew that Batman wasn't going to be around anymore?

Edited by The Movie Man

Robin could become his own hero knightwing or it makes batman immortal.

Thanks, for answering!.....as I don't read comics....and nightwing was never mentioned...I agree with the 2nd one, setting up Blake to being the next batman.and I will later read up on nightwing...

The original Robin, Dick Grayson, becomes the hero Nightwing when his time as Robin is done.Nolan's film easily leads into Batman Beyond, if WB is smart.But intelligence is a lot to ask of a movie studio.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

and most are happy...

Perfectly! (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Great! (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Good - But with too many questions! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Just OK! (0 votes [0.00%])

i voted good but with too many questions but as i mentioned in my crowd report , i need to watch the film again ! maybe then i'll upgrade it to great or perfect but i also want to watch the two previous movies before concluding if this was the best conclusion to the trilogy

I have seen The Dark Knight Rises about 5 times, as I see it as my second movie, but I don't understand some of the ways that Nolan ended Batman.

* Batman said many times that anyone could be Batman!

* He showed Blake/Robin where the Batcave was!

* He fixed the Batlight!

* He didn't tell anyone else that he was leaving and wouldn't be Batman anymore! (and he knew the auto-pilot was fixed so you have to think that Batman lived!)

So did Nolan/Batman leave it, for Blake/Robin to continue on as Batman, as no one else knew that Batman wasn't going to be around anymore?

I am going to give you my answers and take on why Nolan did what he did to your questions:

1 - From the start (In Batman Begins) when Bruce was starting to put together his secret identity, he wanted "it" to be something incorruptible, everlasting, a symbol for the people of Gotham. He picked a Bat, as it was something that scared him as a child and he wanted his enemies to fear the same thing he did. Bruce knew he could be killed or injured and as a man could be destroyed, but as a symbol he will live forever and in that way he could inspire someone else to become a 'Batman' type figure.

2 - Blake was the one who would do what was right when the Police couldn't, he would not let the law be bent to help protect the criminal's, he wanted to protect Gotham, he was the 'next one'.

3 - Gotham will always need Batman and Batman will always protect Gotham, they needed a new light lol.

4 - Bruce was done, he was old, tired, his body was broken, he couldn't do this forever and he knew that Blake would take care of Gotham.

Bruce knew that his goal had been met, he saved Gotham, Batman will live forever as a symbol, and IMO he felt peace knowing that he would 'die' saving the city and people who he swore to protect, it was perfect.

I saw it again today...and I have a big question?????When Bruce and Miranda were in bed, Miranda said lets take my plane and leave tonight, we can go anywhere!That doesn't make sense, as that night Batman was going to be caught by Bain, and Miranda at the end showed she was in full agreement with the plan...and even tried to blow up the city, with the her and the other bad guys still there.

She never planned to follow through, it was just something for her to say to convince Bruce that she had fallen for him and was in love. If Bruce had taken her up on it then Bane would have ambushed them in a way to maintain Miranda's cover.

She never planned to follow through, it was just something for her to say to convince Bruce that she had fallen for him and was in love. If Bruce had taken her up on it then Bane would have ambushed them in a way to maintain Miranda's cover.

? is that a guess or do you have any proof? As maybe in the heat of that night, she had different feelings????? Or it was a mistake by Nolan!Also since Bane had the fight in private, Bain could have easily went to Bruce Wayne's mansion, and fought him there! He could have reversed it, Hello Mr Wayne, Oops I mea Batman!**************I just thought of the 2nd thing that bothered me. When Bruce saved Fox, why didn't he take Miranda. Catwoman could have easily said, Bain wants these 3, as Miranda was in the same group as Fox and Wayne.But Miranda just had to be left in the group, so that Batman had to come get her later, and the Bain/Miranda reveal happened.Just another thing that didn't make sense.

? is that a guess or do you have any proof? As maybe in the heat of that night, she had different feelings????? Or it was a mistake by Nolan!

Common sense, logic, simple thinking. When you use those tools, it's easy to see it's just all part of a plan to ensure that Bruce trusts Miranda completely, for contingency's sake.
  • Like 1

Common sense, logic, simple thinking. When you use those tools, it's easy to see it's just all part of a plan to ensure that Bruce trusts Miranda completely, for contingency's sake.

Sorry but as usual, I find your opinion worthless!Waiting on other responses!PS> Through the whole movie, till the last scene when he gave Miranda the gun, when did he never trust her. (Sorry to everyone else that I have to bore you with such easy answers!) Common sense, logic, simple thinking. When you use those tools, it's easy to see

Through the whole movie, till the last scene when he gave Miranda the gun, when did he never trust her.

He didn't trust her much (or at all) until Bane bankrupted him with the stock market scheme (mainly because he had been a recluse for 8 years). Only then did he start to open up to her, let her see the fusion machine, and so on. He had to trust her then because Dagget was the alternative and once he was in that position Miranda was able to manipulate him emotionally.

He didn't trust her much (or at all) until Bane bankrupted him with the stock market scheme (mainly because he had been a recluse for 8 years). Only then did he start to open up to her, let her see the fusion machine, and so on. He had to trust her then because Dagget was the alternative and once he was in that position Miranda was able to manipulate him emotionally.

Bain knew that Bruce was Batman, from almost the first hour of the movie, from Jim Gordon's letter and Bain had nothing to worrying about from when he bankrupted Bruce and got the machine. After that Bruce was meaningless to them...and again Bain could have just shown up and taken Bruce from the mansion. Miranda had nothing to do/offer from that minute on.

And you are incorrect, he didn't show her the fusion reactor until after he was bankrupt.

until Bane bankrupted him with the stock market scheme. Only then did he start to open up to her, let her see the fusion machine, and so on.

And you are incorrect, he didn't show her the fusion reactor until after he was bankrupt.

Elementary School Reading Comprehension says hello?

Bain knew that Bruce was Batman, from almost the first hour of the movie, from Jim Gordon's letter and Bain had nothing to worrying about from when he bankrupted Bruce and got the machine.

Bane knew Bruce was Batman for years, because he knew exactly what Talia knew, which is that Bruce Wayne/Batman caused her father's death. Gordon's letter mentions nothing about Bruce Wayne, only that he and Batman covered up Harvey's crimes.

So I think your problem is twofold: 1) You lack the ability to process what other people actually write in their posts, and 2) You have a deficient understanding of what actually happened in the film.

Have fun working on those things.

• Like 2

I agree with this. There are a lot of other scenes in the film I don't like but that one is easily explainable.

I agree with this. There are a lot of other scenes in the film I don't like but that one is easily explainable.

Really Bain had the machine and Bruce Wayne was bankrupt, so there was no way that Bain or Miranda were scared of Bruce/Batman! or they would have taken him earlier and not waited for him to come to them! They could have just walked up to the mansion!And then they could have gotten his finger-prints themselves!Etc, etc, etc.....