baumer

Monday Numbers TDKR 4.7 2. TOTAL RECALL - $3M ($28.5M), 3. WIMPY KID 3 - $2M ($16.6M)

weith Monday Hol in CanadaTDKRCan -38% from Sun, -4% last weekUSA -61% from Sun -44% last weekTRCan -40% from SunUSA -61% from Sun

Is it just me or do we seem to be contributing more to a films gross than I thought we do?

So likely around $5m overall.

at a stretch, its likely to be just under or over Monday, granted 5m is only 6% increase but it's more likely to be 3-5% under than 5-6 % over, even early US was never 11% increase and Canada due to holiday monday won't have usual increase in Tues, so you could be looking 4.5-4.8, see how it looks later.
  • Like 3

at a stretch, its likely to be just under or over Monday, granted 5m is only 6% increase but it's more likely to be 3-5% under than 5-6 % over, even early US was never 11% increase and Canada due to holiday monday won't have usual increase in Tues, so you could be looking 4.5-4.8, see how it looks later.

That's a bummer.

I wasn't talking box office. I was talking quality.

Bad idea. You switched from something which can be measured to something which cannot be measured.

I agree that some of us got carried away but I still believe that The Dark Knight Rises was on its way to set the admissions record during its OW. I think it had a shot at 190m+. 200m was definitely a stretch but if any film was going to do it without 3D, it would be TDKR.

Now I have no idea how things would have played out if the shooting never occured but I am annoyed about how some people are claiming victory over their predictions in light of what happened, while the "loonies" are called out as being unrealistic and way out of left field. You can't put a number on the effects of this so might as well stop trying and just enjoy whatever TDKR makes because that's pretty much all we can do at this point.

Would be nice if everyone would realize the bolded part and stop making wild guesses about what TDKR would have made. Usually the guesses are outrageous assumptions that TDKR would actually match or exceed TDK even though there was never any reason to think that.

Bad idea. You switched from something which can be measured to something which cannot be measured.Would be nice if everyone would realize the bolded part and stop making wild guesses about what TDKR would have made. Usually the guesses are outrageous assumptions that TDKR would actually match or exceed TDK even though there was never any reason to think that.

No reason to think that. Hmmmmmm.... Tdkr had crazy pre release tracking... Several points ahead of the avengers. It's opening friday was looking to be in the high 80s before it dropped suddenly to 75. We have every reason to believe it would have made 180+ but 200 was most likely out of the question and is not realistic because of lack of 3d

tues looking like TDKR 4.7, Tr 3.2, DOWK3 2.3, IA$ 1.5,Watch 1.1, SUP4 1.2,Ted 870k, TASM 800k
  • Like 3

No reason to think that. Hmmmmmm.... Tdkr had crazy pre release tracking... Several points ahead of the avengers. It's opening friday was looking to be in the high 80s before it dropped suddenly to 75. We have every reason to believe it would have made 180+ but 200 was most likely out of the question and is not realistic because of lack of 3d

But the midnight gross proved that it was not even close to setting all-time records and that was before the shooting. If anything, it did not even beat ticket sales of Eclipse. So stating that TDKR would have done upper 80's 90s and 100 million on opeining day is nothing more than a fanboy dream.
  • Like 1