CJohn

The Brothers Grimsby | March 11, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 1

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just got out of a preview screening of this. It's one of the most disgusting films I have EVER seen, it's going to have two of the most notorious scenes of Baron Cohen's career. I loved every. Single. Second. It's riotously funny, but you have to be prepared for some hardcore crass humour here. If you don't have the stomach for that, it certainly isn't for you. 

I was told the same about Bruno and that movie's a riot so I'm hopeful.

Holy shit this was fantastic. I don't usually like gross-out humour but I was in tears laughing the whole way through.

I don't think I've ever heard an audience laugh as loudly as that for so long.

I also love the fact that it's only 80 minutes. It's not dragged out, all the jokes work.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Me too. But critics won't be kind because it is cool to hate Cohen. And letterier is not exactly a darling filmmaker.

Robbie Collin gave it 4/5 and Robbie Collin is always right.

45 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Me too. But critics won't be kind because it is cool to hate Cohen. And letterier is not exactly a darling filmmaker.

I honestly haven't liked much of Leterrier's work, but I mean obviously hopefully this changes things.

NYSM was a 5/10 same with Clash of the Titans. Even Incredible Hulk was 6/10. His stuff just seems kinda bland.

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I honestly haven't liked much of Leterrier's work, but I mean obviously hopefully this changes things.

NYSM was a 5/10 same with Clash of the Titans. Even Incredible Hulk was 6/10. His stuff just seems kinda bland.

You should watch Unleashed aka Danny The Dog. His best effort yet. I think his worst movie is clash of the Titans. Utter garbage.

Rest of his films are harmless fun. This seems like it will be a gross out humor action film. I am game with that.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

You should watch Unleashed aka Danny The Dog. His best effort yet. I think his worst movie is clash of the Titans. Utter garbage.

Rest of his films are harmless fun. This seems like it will be a gross out humor action film. I am game with that.

Same I've liked the trailers on this one and if what people on here are saying about the film is true...

I just went to see it and its okay but its probably Cohen's weakest film. It has more gross out humour than laughs which is its biggest weak point. I can't see it going over well with the GA and the RT will probably drop into the 40's after it's U.S release.

The funniest lines come from the fact they're making fun of a town like Grimsby and the stereotype of people who live there, that might completely go over the heads of American and international audiences.

26 minutes ago, ainsleyb said:

I just went to see it and its okay but its probably Cohen's weakest film. It has more gross out humour than laughs which is its biggest weak point. I can't see it going over well with the GA and the RT will probably drop into the 40's after it's U.S release.

The funniest lines come from the fact they're making fun of a town like Grimsby and the stereotype of people who live there, that might completely go over the heads of American and international audiences.

I agree that the British stuff may not go down well with overseas audiences, but most of the film is spy action buddy comedy and I don't really see why that can't be successful. As I said, the other 300 people in my audience were laughing the whole way through. Dunno how representative that is but it was a big audience.

20 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

I agree that the British stuff may not go down well with overseas audiences, but most of the film is spy action buddy comedy and I don't really see why that can't be successful. As I said, the other 300 people in my audience were laughing the whole way through. Dunno how representative that is but it was a big audience.

I just dont see it being a WOM hit, I only saw it a few hours ago and the only thing I can remember are the gross out scenes which were more for shock factor than genuine comedy. Early IMDB and box office isn't looking too good for it either. I like sacha and his films but this one lacked the wit that his screenplays usually have.

Just now, ainsleyb said:

I just dont see it being a WOM hit, I only saw it a few hours ago and the only thing I can remember are the gross out scenes which were more for shock factor than genuine comedy. Early IMDB and box office isn't looking too good for it either. I like sacha and his films but this one lacked the wit that his screenplays usually have.

Well, in my opinion the only truly smart and successful thing he did was Ali G. There are elements of the Borat movie that I like but that's it. Bruno, The Dictator, and Ali G Indahouse were all crap. Grimsby is just a good comedy film, I think we should stop expecting great political satire and edge from Baron Cohen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is only debuting in some 2,000 theaters, so unless this is a Borat (which it doesn't look like) don't expect anything over 15M on OW.

At this point, 15M seems like best case senario. Sucks because I don't usually like Leterrier, but this looks hilarious.

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

If this goes viral, might it help the movie in the US? Looks like a flop so far.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-brothers-grimsby-sacha-baron-cohen_us_56d8774ce4b03a405677a912

stupid article spoiling one of the funniest moments in the film :( 

That article is waaaaaaay too long though. It's a visual gag that lasts a whole four seconds or so. Nothing more.

Edited by Total Treecall