Neo

The Raid | Remake | Sony offered the lead role to Taylor Kitsch

I think the remake is a stupid idea, but Gareth Evans' view is that the story is ripe to be retold just with different styles of action. If they take that approach, then they don't necessarily have to one-up the original in terms of martial arts (and honestly, it's probably a bad idea to try).

• Like 3

I think the remake is a stupid idea, but Gareth Evans' view is that the story is ripe to be retold just with different styles of action. If they take that approach, then they don't necessarily have to one-up the original in terms of martial arts (and honestly, it's probably a bad idea to try).

Agreed, approach the action differently.  Make it a hard R gun battle movie and don't even try to compete with the martial arts, you'll lose.  Of course, now I'm comparing you to Dredd.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3

Agreed, approach the actin differently. Mak a hard R gun battle movie and dont even try to compete with the martial arts, youl lose. Of course, now Im comparing you to Dredd.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Make it some gun-fu or something. I haven't gotten enough stylish gunplay in a while. Who am I kidding, I'll never tire of that shit.
  • Like 2

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Make it some gun-fu or something. I haven't gotten enough stylish gunplay in a while.Who am I kidding, I'll never tire of that shit.

Paging John Woo. Gimme some doves. Spinning. Flipping. Jumping over windows. Three minute one shot takes.

• Like 3

I was also horrified by this choice because I thought it was Taylor Lautner until I clicked the link and saw the picture.  At least I felt a little relief at the casting choice then.  I'm bad with names and faces, ok?

Posted Image