baumer

Monday (8/20/12) Numbers (Summer is over)

Its funny how TDKR is still in 3000+ theaters when it hasn't been making that much money in the last few weeks. WB is really trying to push it as high as possible.

It's the only holdover doing much of anything. You will find any reason to hate on the fim, give it a rest.
  • Like 4

Not a thing broke out this whole month. Last year ROTPA gave us an end of summer boost.

Cough The Help Cough.I heard there was a bomb threat in a Expendables 2 showing. What do you guys have to tell me about this?

Cough The Help Cough.I heard there was a bomb threat in a Expendables 2 showing. What do you guys have to tell me about this?

Well yeah the help had a nice run also.The bomb threat was nationwide at the Carmike theater chain. Not just one theater. I don't think they stayed closed for too long though. Not sure.

Well yeah the help had a nice run also.The bomb threat was nationwide at the Carmike theater chain. Not just one theater. I don't think they stayed closed for too long though. Not sure.

Wow I thought it was just at one theater :o

That sucks. Theaters are the new targets or what?

Well no. Let's see, a Sikh temple was shot up recently and something else that I can't recall at the moment. US is just a violent place. Random violence at that. Edited by ECSTASY

I'm the worse at numbers but this is what I think the next 2 weeks will be like for TDKR:Tuesday 8/21: 1.5MWeds 8/22: 1.2MThurs 8/23: 1.1MFriday 8/24: 1.7MSaturday 8/25: 2.6MSunday 8/26: 2.1M (6.4M Weekend)Monday 8/27: 900KTuesday 8/28: 1.1MWeds 8/29: 800KThurs 8/30: 800KFriday 8/31: 1.3MSaturday 9/1: 1.9MSunday 9/2: 1.6MMonday 9/3(Labor Day): 1.2M

FWIW, I saw TDKR again last night. 7:10 showing, and it was at a theater that does discount Tuesdays. I paid $7.50 a ticket when the normal price is $10. The theater was mostly empty. Capacity of perhaps 200-250, and there were 15-20 people in there. It is still playing on two screens at this theater, but I have to believe that will be changing on Friday. For the sake of comparison, there were about 10 people there to see Avengers at a 7:30 showing.I also saw Hit & Run, and that was sold out. Actually it was oversold, so about two dozen people had to get refunds. I am surprised they didn't move it to one of the bigger capacity theaters, or add a second screen.

• Like 1