filmnerdjamie

Tuesday (8/21/12) Numbers

The jumps for holdovers makes sense. But Expendables, being the first Tuesday, it must have jumped a ton in Canada. It will probably drop 20% today, but still a nice increase.

I can tell you all that here in Canada, on tuesdays it's extremely crowded. In fact I'd say there are about 10 times more people here in theaters on tuedsay as opposed monday/wednesday/thurdsay. So of course, even in the overall numbers that include the USA, the bump will be noticed because of this. Does anyone have the daily canadian box office numbers? I'd be interested to see how huge the bumps are for tuesdays for Canada alone.

I can tell you all that here in Canada, on tuesdays it's extremely crowded. In fact I'd say there are about 10 times more people here in theaters on tuedsay as opposed monday/wednesday/thurdsay. So of course, even in the overall numbers that include the USA, the bump will be noticed because of this. Does anyone have the daily canadian box office numbers? I'd be interested to see how huge the bumps are for tuesdays for Canada alone.

A few weeks ago, Rth posted that Tuesdays in Canada were generally 2-3 times stronger than Monday, so while it is a big difference, it's nowhere near 10 times.

A few weeks ago, Rth posted that Tuesdays in Canada were generally 2-3 times stronger than Monday, so while it is a big difference, it's nowhere near 10 times.

Well it definitely feels that way. In the other weekdays there's barely anybody, but on tuesdays there are lineups. It definitely means that not all theaters in Canada have super tuesdays, so that's why when you average everything it makes for 2-3 times stronger. If all theaters and regions had super tuesdays in Canada, believe me it would be more than 3 times ratio bumps.
  • Like 1

Comingsoon.net weekend predictions:1. The Expendables 2 (Lionsgate) - $13.7 million -52%2. ParaNorman (Focus Features) - $9 million -36%3. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) - $8.9 million -48%4. The Campaign (Warner Bros.) - $7.6 million -42%5. Premium Rush (Sony) - $7.2 million N/A6. Hit and Run (Open Road Entertainment) - $7.0 million N/A 7. The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Disney) - $6.8 million -37%8. The Dark Knight Rises (Warner Bros.) - $6.4 million -42%9. Sparkle (Sony/TriStar Pictures) - $6.4 million -45%10. Hope Springs (Sony) - $5.9 million -35% -- The Apparition (Warner Bros.) - $3 million N/AI also think TDKR will do 6.4M but there's always hope for 7M. I also see EXP 2 doing 14M.

Comingsoon.net weekend predictions:1. The Expendables 2 (Lionsgate) - $13.7 million -52%2. ParaNorman (Focus Features) - $9 million -36%3. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) - $8.9 million -48%4. The Campaign (Warner Bros.) - $7.6 million -42%5. Premium Rush (Sony) - $7.2 million N/A6. Hit and Run (Open Road Entertainment) - $7.0 million N/A7. The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Disney) - $6.8 million -37%8. The Dark Knight Rises (Warner Bros.) - $6.4 million -42%9. Sparkle (Sony/TriStar Pictures) - $6.4 million -45%10. Hope Springs (Sony) - $5.9 million -35%-- The Apparition (Warner Bros.) - $3 million N/AI also think TDKR will do 6.4M but there's always hope for 7M. I also see EXP 2 doing 14M.

What's their track record. I never see the final results of their predictions.