CJohn

Weekend Estimates pg 14: EX2: 13.5(-52.5%) Bourne 9.5 (.44%), no opener in top 5

http://www.deadline....-obama-movie-1/

1. The Expendables 2 (Millenium/Lionsgate) Week 2 [3,355 Runs] R

Friday $3.6M (-66%), Weekend $11.7M, Cume $50.2M

2. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) Week 3 [3,652 Runs] PG13

Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.4M, Cume $84.6M

3. 2016 Obama’s America (Rocky Mountain) NEW [1,091 Runs] PG

Friday $2.4M, Weekend $6.0M, Cume $8.9M

4. ParaNorman (Focus Features) Week 2 [3,455 Runs] PG

Friday $2.3M (-50%), Weekend $7.5M, Cume $27.1M

5. The Campaign (Warner Bros) Week 3 [3,302 Runs] R

Friday $2.1, Weekend $6.7M, Cume $62.9M

6. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/WB) Week 6 [2,606 Runs] PG13

Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.8M, Cume $421.7M

7. The Odd Life Of Timothy Green (Disney) Week 2 [2,598 Runs] PG

Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.5M, Cume $26.5M

8. Premium Rush (Sony) NEW [2,255 Runs] PG13

Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.1M

9. Hope Springs (Sony) Week 3 [2,402 Runs] PG13

Friday $1.6M, Weekend $5.5M, Cume $44.6M

10. Hit And Run (Open Road) NEW [2,870 Runs] R

Friday $1.3M, Weekend $3.8M, Cume $4.8M

12. The Apparition (Dark Castle/Warner Bros) NEW [810 Runs]

Friday $975K, Weekend $2.6M

Edited by Expendable baumer

"In fact this is one of Summer 2012′s weakest movie weekends with holdovers like Universal’s The Bourne Legacy and Warner Bros’ The Dark Knight Rises expected to rank right behind like The Expendables 2 and well ahead of the new films. But none may even break $10M. "

Now that would be sad.

Worst Weekend of the year so far. I am trying to think of another weekend which was this bad. January was pretty solid. Even Superbowl weekend had a couple of good performers. Am I wrong?

You are right. January was pretty decent all around. I think this weekend will be even worse then the weekend before Avengers came out. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2012&wknd=17&p=.htm

Expendables 2 is breaking 10m for sure but even with the daily holds of the first movie it wouldn't break 13m. Helluva slow weekend. Just wait until September 7-9 weekend rolls around... the only new release is from CBS films. :unsure:

• Like 1

You are right. January was pretty decent all around. I think this weekend will be even worse then the weekend before Avengers came out.http://www.boxoffice...&wknd=17&p=.htm

Yeah, that weekend was weak too but this appears to be weaker still. It is quite possible that all three new releases will fall short of $7 million mark and only TE2 looks likely to make over $10 million.

Yeah, that weekend was weak too but this appears to be weaker still. It is quite possible that all three new releases will fall short of $7 million mark and only TE2 looks likely to make over $10 million.

Well at least that weekend had 5 films over 10m compared to 1 for this weekend.Wonder if Bourne can muster up 10m?

Worst Weekend of the year so far. I am trying to think of another weekend which was this bad. January was pretty solid. Even Superbowl weekend had a couple of good performers. Am I wrong?

The weakest this year, but we did have this within a year.In fact, it's going to be similar to the same weekend last year. Edited by Tower
  • Like 1