baumer

The Mummy (1999)

Grade it  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This is better then almost all of the big budget movies today. It was able to capture that fun lighthearted adventure movie feel.
Great blend of action, comedy, and scares.

Universal really could have had a great franchise here.

A (95)

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 7

One of my fav movies! This to me is a classic. It has everything down perfectly, the tone (sometimes funny but also scary and action packed), the script was outright perfect with all the great funny dialouge, characters are interesting, and the music is great! A++++ for me! 9.5/10 overall!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wished Hollywood made more movies like this.

However this film is soo well known that making something similar would be one big cliche.

I like movies like this, mysterious leading man, funny sidekicks, wonder and exotic locations and pretty leading ladies don't help.

A similar example is Pirates 1. 

• Like 1

Definitely a lot of fun, characters are like able and most of the comedy works. Plus I liked the mystery, really wish more films were made like this. Brendan Fraser really had potential, too bad he sucked at choosing movies outside of this franchise.

Very entertaining. It's definitely a top-to-bottom Indiana Jones knockoff, but Brendan Fraser makes for a surprisingly charismatic action hero, the horror and comic relief blend well with the then-impressive set pieces, and it doesn't wear out its welcome despite clocking in at over two hours.

B+

If nothing else - and this next point is definitely damning with faint praise - it's vastly superior to the sequels that followed.

• Like 1

The film is so well known and popular...

All of the main actor of this film is still known for their roles from this film. 

Brendan Fraser =100% Mummy guy

Rachael Weisz = Hot lady from Mummy series (She has done other work but nothing as known) 

John Hannan = The crazy brother from the Mummy. 

• Like 2

Wow I didn't know this franchise or this film was so well loved? Back on BOM, when Mummy 3 was coming out, no one seemed to care, and I don't mean about the sequel but the franchise in general.

I wasn't on BOM back then, but being a big fan of Mummy & liking Mummy Returns, I was looking forward to Mummy 3. It is just to bad it wasn't good.