Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

83. Unforgiven

Clint Eastwood, 1992

"Any man don't wanna get killed... better clear on out the back."

Nominated for 9 Oscars, won 4

321 points

Synopsis: Retired Old West gunslinger William Munny reluctantly takes on one last job, with the help of his old partner and a young man.

Trivia: The script floated around Hollywood for nearly 20 years, during which time Gene Hackmanread and rejected it, only to be later convinced by Clint Eastwood (who had owned the rights to the script for some time) to play a role.

82. It's A Wonderful Life

Frank Capra, 1946

"Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel's just got his wings. "

Nominated for 5 Oscars

324 points

Synopsis: An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would have been like if he never existed.

Trivia: The film was a flop when it played theatres in 1946.

81. City of God (Cidade de Deus)

Fernando Meirelles, 2002

"You need more than guts to be a good gangster. You need ideas. "

Nominated for 4 Oscars

325 points

Synopsis: Two boys growing up in a violent neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro take different paths: one becomes a photographer, the other a drug dealer.

Trivia: The director was once quoted as saying that if he knew the dangers of filming the movie in a Rio favela, he wouldn't have done the movie.

I am going to make a point of watching Network. I saw it once in my teens but didn't like it much, probably because it beat Rocky in some categories. Now I'm older and I can see it with a clear head. I've never even heard of My Neighbor Totoro.

• Like 1

I am going to make a point of watching Network. I saw it once in my teens but didn't like it much, probably because it beat Rocky in some categories. Now I'm older and I can see it with a clear head. I've never even heard of My Neighbor Totoro.

Totoro is a Japanese animated film by Hayao Miyazaki (but Disney has done English-language dubs of all his films). It's probably the most adorable animated film I have seen. Very good and very very very cute.
  • Like 2

I am going to make a point of watching Network. I saw it once in my teens but didn't like it much, probably because it beat Rocky in some categories. Now I'm older and I can see it with a clear head.

I've never even heard of My Neighbor Totoro.

Me too.

I might watch now.

Sorry guys, I have to take my step son out for some practice driving. I hate to go, this is a lot of fun. But I will try to be back in a couple of hours. Cant wait to see the top 25. JAWS better be there. :)