CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I doubt it. If Ward had shot those soldiers in the chest, I might have believed it, but with headshots like that, it's pretty damn obvious he was using real bullets.

I doubt it. If Ward had shot those soldiers in the chest, I might have believed it, but with headshots like that, it's pretty damn obvious he was using real bullets.

Even so, it's pretty obvious that they're planning to redeem him somehow. That scene in the closet with Skye (those two have zero chemistry), his expressions of remorse ("I deserve to die for what I did"), his refusal to say "Hail Hydra!" and all those too-obvious meaningful glances telegraphed it. He'll have a change of heart, save the team from another HYDRA agent (probably Simmons) and be welcomed back on board the Bus. I would also bet on Triplett dying by season's end, if not next episode.

Neither Ward nor Skye is going anywhere anytime soon. The writer are too enamored of them, as cardboard as they are. 

It would be ridiculous for Ward to come back to the good side after the two head shots in the lift.The only redemption Ward can get is death while saving the team.

Edited by DeeCee

SHIELD was basically identical to both NCIS for 18-49 yet had only a third the number of total viewers.  

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/16/tuesday-final-ratings-the-originals-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-the-voice-ncis-new-girl-supernatural-about-a-boy-growin/254567/

Edited by DeeCee

It would be ridiculous for Ward to come back to the good side after the two head shots in the lift.The only redemption Ward can get is death while saving the team.

Why the hell would Ward save Coulson's rookie squad? The only one he seems to care about is Skye and that's only because she's "cute," as Garrett said. Even at that, he doesn't seem that fond of her as he agreed to either trick her into giving up the hard drive password or bring her to the Fridge where Garrett will pry it out of her. From the looks of next week's promo Ward is going to do something nasty to the little asshole, which I will be happy to see. The only down side is that Chloe Bennet's horrible faux crying will be painful to watch. Couldn't they have chosen an actress who could, you know, act?

Ward instantly became far more interesting when he revealed himself as a HYDRA sleeper. The boring good guy suddenly morphed into a terrifyingly psychotic bad guy. Now I'm actually looking forward to watching Ward skulk about killing and plundering. Eventually either Coulson or May is going to have to put his ass down like a rabid dog, though I hope that won't be until the season finale at the earliest. (What I'd really like is for Skye to kill Ward, just because I'm cruel to fictional characters like that.)

The whole "go on the Internet and erase our identities" thing was ludicrous. It just won't work. Everyone in the industrialized world has left traces in too many databases (healthcare, government, school, banking, credit, etc.) for all of those digital footprints to be erased by one person with a laptop. A person not only exists in their own digital "history" but in those of their parents, family, schools and other associations as well. It would be impossible to wipe someone from the records of everyone they're related to or have ever known. And for people old enough there are many paper records that couldn't be touched. I know it happened to Sandra Bullock in The Net but the Internet really isn't a magical place. Sometimes it seems like the writers of AOS are still living in the 90s, when stuff like that seemed plausible.

In the midst of the raid on the Fridge Ward made sure to grab the Asgardian Angst Staff from episode 9. He'll probably make use of it to fight May later on because without it she can take him.

When Ward told Raina, "I'm everyone's type," it seemed like he would have slept with the whole team from Coulson on down if he thought it would help him keep his cover. What an interesting sleazeball he turned out to be.

The most recent three episodes have been great television and hopefully next week's episode can continue the trend. Tripplett and Koenig are good additions to the cast, especially Tripp since he's messing with the too-cozy FitzSimmons dynamic. The way that they're adding to the story of Coulson's resurrection is actually intriguing instead of frustrating for once. The evolving story also absolves Fury of some of the blame for the torture Coulson underwent, but at the same time the secrets are destroying Coulson's relationship with May. It's all good, though. At last this bland team of pseudo-Scoobies has become interesting. Too bad it too the producers so long to hit their stride.

Edited by Talkie
  • Like 1

Why the hell would Ward save Coulson's rookie squad? The only one he seems to care about is Skye and that's only because she's "cute," as Garrett said. Even at that, he doesn't seem that fond of her as he agreed to either trick her into giving up the hard drive password or bring her to the Fridge where Garrett will pry it out of her. From the looks of next week's promo Ward is going to do something nasty to the little asshole, which I will be happy to see. The only down side is that Chloe Bennet's horrible faux crying will be painful to watch. Couldn't they have chosen an actress who could, you know, act?

Ward instantly became far more interesting when he revealed himself as a HYDRA sleeper. The boring good guy suddenly morphed into a terrifyingly psychotic bad guy. Now I'm actually looking forward to watching Ward skulk about killing and plundering. Eventually either Coulson or May is going to have to put his ass down like a rabid dog, though I hope that won't be until the season finale at the earliest. (What I'd really like is for Skye to kill Ward, just because I'm cruel to fictional characters like that.)

The whole "go on the Internet and erase our identities" thing was ludicrous. It just won't work. Everyone in the industrialized world has left traces in too many databases (healthcare, government, school, banking, credit, etc.) for all of those digital footprints to be erased by one person with a laptop. A person not only exists in their own digital "history" but in those of their parents, family, schools and other associations as well. I know it happened to Sandra Bullock in The Net but this isn't the Wild West days of the Internet. Sometimes it seems like the writers of AOS are still living in the 90s, when stuff like that seemed plausible.

In the midst of the raid on the Fridge Ward made sure to grab the Asgardian Angst Staff from episode 9. He'll probably make use of it to fight May later on because without it she can take him.

The NCIS twins have fallen off in the demos, though. But good for AOS because that demo number is just what the network and advertisers want to see.

Maybe the 9 PM slot is better for AOS than 8 PM. If ABC had any sense they would put comedies in the 8 & 8:30 slots to counter-program against NCIS and slide AOS up to 9 PM in the fall.

• Like 1

I'm not saying they should.  I'm just saying Ward can't switch to being a good guy he's done to much bad shit now.  And the only scenario where he could get any kind of moderate redemption is saving Skye or Coulson or the whole team and then dying in the process.

• Like 1

Adjusted up like previous episodes. And with new episodes here on out, let's see if it can continue to build momentum. But whatever ratings are, I believe its a safe bet for renewal.

The thing I'm noticing on various sites is somthing to this affect:

"I quit watching at episode 'x', but they are on DVR/Hulu account, saw Cap2/heard about the plot twist and have gone back to catch up and WOW it really did pay off/improve."

They had to lay ground work to get to where we got to. I get some have/had negative opinions about Chloe Bennet and/or insert actor/character here, I wouldn't say some of those thoughts were wrong. I'd only say you had little faith.

Marvel essentially resurrected RDJ's career.

Created a career for Chris Hemms.

Gave Chris Evans a role that showed he's not just the pretty funny boy as was his casting pre-Steve.

Trust--it pays off when you believe and stay....till the end of the line. 

• Like 2