CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

http://collider.com/marvels-agents-of-shield-series-order/

Posted Image

Synopsis:

Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet). From Executive Producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” pilot co-writers (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville”) comes Marvel’s first TV series.  “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

Posted Image

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

So, how long do you think this show will last?  Guess away, Forum-philes... ;) 

1st episode: 14 million viewers

2nd: 8.5 million

3rd: 8 million

4th: 6.5 million

-Pulled from schedule....

-Moved to Saturdays

5th: 4 million

6th: 4.5 million

7th: 3.8 million

-Cancelled

• Like 2

If this is a hit, expect other studios to rapidly follow with their own Big Screen>Small Screen crossovers. We know Disney already has plans for that with SW, and I'm sure DC will want to get in on that action (they've already made some superhero TV shows, of course, but not officially in the same universe as the movies). If The Dark Tower movie-miniseries project finally gets off the ground because of this, I'll have one more thing to thank Whedon for. :)

The problem with this show (and Almost Human) is that the pilot is going to be a multi-million dollar high end episode: lots of cool special effects, action packed, outdoor scenic locations, etc. Then the following episodes are going to be more toned down, less action/effects. So people will lose interest.

If I'm wrong and they're all big budget episodes, they're going to need huge ratings like 3.0+ to be kept on the air, which is unlikely to happen.

• Community Manager

The problem with this show (and Almost Human) is that the pilot is going to be a multi-million dollar high end episode: lots of cool special effects, action packed, outdoor scenic locations, etc. Then the following episodes are going to be more toned down, less action/effects. So people will lose interest.

If I'm wrong and they're all big budget episodes, they're going to need huge ratings like 3.0+ to be kept on the air, which is unlikely to happen.

If Nikita can deliver it's action scenes on a weekly basis on what I'm sure is a miniature budget then SHIELD should be able to as well.