CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

So....can we finally expect a trailer with the Lazarus Effect?

Yes, they are gonna release a trailer 2 weeks before the movie. Are you crazy :lol: ?

The trailer is obviously coming out with Project Almanac. 

Interesting that Paramount is shuffling all its horror films at once. I know we get big studio reshufflings every so often, but never limited to a single genre...

...I wonder if Scouts vs. Zombies will stay on the following weekend. There was no reschedule for it in this round of announcements. Would Paramount keep two horror-related movies on adjacent weekends?

(Then again, this will probably make over/under half its gross on OW, so I guess they won't really be cannibalizing each other?)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

This will be the last movie in the series: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/22/paranormal-activity-ghost-dimension-sneak-peek-first-look-exclusive/29069709/

"It's coming to an end. This is it, the finale," says producer Jason Blum. "We're saying it before the movie opens. We're not going to grind this horror franchise into the ground. This will keep Paranormal Activity as part of this culture and this particular time in a really fantastic way."

As importantly, The Ghost Dimension will answer the bevy of questions at the core of the demonic mystery which have lingered throughout the series. Paranormal Activity 2 (2010), Paranormal Activity 3 (2011), Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) and offshoot Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) left devoted fans demanding answers about the root of the modern-day hauntings and the mysterious demon Toby.

Filmmakers haven't been forthcoming as the body count has grown.

"We couldn't go just teasing," says Blum. "All the questions that everyone has asked from the past Paranormal Activity films: What does Toby look like? What's the backstory to the families? These questions have been teased out. Now they will be answered."

Even Toby will be revealed after remaining unseen in previous films.

635705790037838316-XXX-PA5-FF-001-DCB-74

The 4th film really dampened the quality of the franchise and the spin-off cheapened the series and it's cultural impact. If they had made a really good Part 5 and never done the spin-off the franchise's memory could have been salvaged, but now it's too late. Especially since I assume this 6th entry won't be very good itself.

The 4th film really dampened the quality of the franchise and the spin-off cheapened the series and it's cultural impact. If they had made a really good Part 5 and never done the spin-off the franchise's memory could have been salvaged, but now it's too late. Especially since I assume this 6th entry won't be very good itself.

Wait... this is the 6th movie in the franchise? I honestly thought it was on #4. The last thing I remember from this franchise is Paranormal Activity 3. There were 2 others in between? Wow, it really disappeared from public consciousness quickly.

• Like 2

Since Katie and Kristi as children are supposed to be in this, I hope they get the same actresses that played them in PA3. Their performances were one of the reasons that was such a good entry in the series. Would also like to find out what happened to Kathryn Newton's character from Part 4.