CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

All I can say is if this movie makes over 40M OW with this shit marketing and very little TV Spots, I'll be blown away.. I mean, this comes out in 2 weeks and I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've seen a TV Spot for this and it's less than 3.. Paramount has confidence in this one.. :rolleyes:

Who's talking about $40m? .-.

It will be lucky if make half of that number

Literally seen NO CHATTER, no ANYTHING about this movie anywhere, and I'm around the target demographic 24/7.

The only thing I've heard from this is a DM from Paramount on Twitter asking if I wanna go to their screening of this lol (desperate)

Legitimately have no explanation besides Tobin Bell having great presence whenever he's on screen, and his personal reasons for doing things being more interesting than your average movie killer.

I hate that idea of a men deciding to punish a person like he was a God or something like this, who the hell is him to decide if a person deserves to live or not? It is so hypocrite, that's the main reason why I always hated that franchise, and also because it has zero story at all, just a bunch of stupid tortures, you may not like PA movies, but at least each one had a story to tell.....

I hate that idea of a men deciding to punish a person like he was a God or something like this, who the hell is him to decide if a person deserves to live or not? It is so hypocrite, that's the main reason why I always hated that franchise, and also because it has zero story at all, just a bunch of stupid tortures, you may not like PA movies, but at least each one had a story to tell.....

There's definitely a story, and just like PA it's taken its time to play out.

The shorter theatrical window has caused a number of chains to boycott the movie apparently, Paramount expecting low numbers for this one: http://www.thewrap.com/paranormal-activity-ghost-dimension-box-office-prospects-slashed-by-angry-theater-chains/

Paramount Pictures is projecting that “Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension” will open to roughly $11 million on Oct. 23 — roughly half of what tracking suggests it should bring in.

That’s because several of the largest theater chains have opted not to book the sixth movie in the found-footage horror franchise because of the studio’s experiment with earlier video-on-demand availability.

Regal Cinemas and Cinemark, the nation’s largest and third-largest chains, are among several exhibitors refusing to play “Ghost Dimension” since Paramount struck a deal with rivals AMC Theatres and Cineplex Entertainment in July to allow consumers to watch the movie at home just 17 days after it leaves most theaters, rather than the standard 90 days.

Shortening the “window” between theatrical and VOD availability is a hot-button issue for theater owners, who have argued that people won’t go to the multiplex if they know they can watch at home in less than three months.

But the idea won’t go away for an industry facing a consumer migration away from theaters to home viewing amid increasing digital competition.

Paramount said “The Ghost Dimension” will open in around 1,350 theaters, a little less than half the 2,867 locations of the last film in the series, “The Marked Ones,” despite the fact that the new film is the first 3D entry in the series.

The theater objections over not showing this make little sense to me since 99.9% of its gross will be made during its first two weeks, but still, very weird. Clearly Paramount doesn't care that this is the last one (or so they say) and just want to move on from this series.