baumer

Baumer's Summer Game: We have a winner! Congrats to FAKE!

I'll let you know by Friday. The prize would be significantly lower, if there would be one at all. Anyone willing to help me coming up with questions each week?

I will help you with anything you need help with.And don't give out a prize.I'm 40 and work full time. Most people here are not at that stage of their life. Just do it because people enjoy the game.I have some ideas that I could share with you. Like one thing I think the game should go until the end of January. This way you allow the Christmas movies to make an impact in the standings.I just don't want the responsibility of doing scores, making questions, correcting scores, reading emails, dealing with controversy, dealing with different players not liking stuff and all the other myriad of dynamics that come with the game. I'll help you with it for sure. But you will be the man. You can deal with all the stuff. :P :P Edited by Expendable baumer

I now B, this game consume too much time. I would never be able to run something like this.acsc, I assume a Winter Game would start in November only. I can help you making some questions. We could divide. I would make the questions for the new movies, and you the questions for the holdhovers, for example.I can't help you scoring, tho, or other stuff. Just making the questions.We should start it in October acsc. There are a lot of interesting movies in there. Sent me a PM. I have lots of free time until September 15. I can make lots of questions and sent to you, and then you and B would choose the best and make others.

Edited by CJohn

No. The game has to start soon. Like now. I would say the latest you could do it is start it in October. Run it from October 1st to January 31st. This way, as I mentioned, you get The Hobbit and other big films to count for more than just one week.

I have some ideas that I could share with you. Like one thing I think the game should go until the end of January. This way you allow the Christmas movies to make an impact in the standings.

Not the end. I think it should go until the MLK weekend.

No. The game has to start soon. Like now. I would say the latest you could do it is start it in October. Run it from October 1st to January 31st. This way, as I mentioned, you get The Hobbit and other big films to count for more than just one week.

Now is too soon, IMO. September is a boring time. I think the game should run from October 1st to MLK day in January.

Alright, I'll do it. I was thinking October-MLK weekend like the last winter game. I work full time too, so I might be able to swing a very small prize. I'm just not 40 ;):P I'll post the stuff in a little bit. Oh, and congrats to Fake and all the top finishers! I think I at least improved from last year.

• Like 2

Inscriptions (I am not even sure this word exists in english, but google translator says it does... so I decided to use it) would need to start now, tho. So... acsc... hurry up!

So what are you saying? The game should start this weekend? Impossible.The earliest you could start it would be two weekends from now.

So what are you saying? The game should start this weekend? Impossible.The earliest you could start it would be two weekends from now.

The sign up should start this weekend. The game itself would start in the first weekend of October.

Alright, I'll do it. I was thinking October-MLK weekend like the last winter game. I work full time too, so I might be able to swing a very small prize. I'm just not 40 ;):P I'll post the stuff in a little bit.Oh, and congrats to Fake and all the top finishers! I think I at least improved from last year.

The last Winter Game ended on December 31, if I recall correctly.

Just made the thread. Oct 5 is the first weekend, MLK weekend is the last. I wanted to open the thread for signups since we won't have much time before top 12 and preseason questions are due.

You need a forum for the game alone. Like B had for the Summer Game.

There is a gaming forum. All games go in there. The Summer Game is the biggest one so it had its own forum. We'll have to run it from there. I'll keep this stickied here for a few days but then we'll have to go over to the Summer Game forum.