AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

55 minutes ago, cannastop said:

So, do we think that this is going to cross $100m dom? How about $120m?

Yes to both, imo.

That was a good trailer. Not a SLOP/SS-grade great trailer, but a very good one, and kids are already talking about it. However, its a little nuts so I don't know if it'll get much higher.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2016 at 2:43 PM, Morieris said:

100$ mil easy , maybe 175$ at the end of -

... Oh this is Trolls, not Sing.

75$ mil cap maybe?

Seriously? DWA's lowest CGI flicks come in at 83m. You think this is going to throw under Turbo and Penguins? Besides those, every single one of their CGI films is above the $100m mark. Even Peabody & Sherman and Rise of the Guardians got there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DamienRoc said:

Seriously? DWA's lowest CGI flicks come in at 83m. You think this is going to throw under Turbo and Penguins? Besides those, every single one of their CGI films is above the $100m mark. Even Peabody & Sherman and Rise of the Guardians got there.

I forget about 50% of DWs movies..mostly the ones that didn't quite make it. So yeah, that was a lowball. 

They're putting it out ahead of animated movies nearly guaranteed to be hits (Moana and Sing) in kind of a "We're pretty different and don't want to be forgotten." and some "Maybe we just can't compete - so we can them out.", so if it has a final run around 130$ DOM, I'll be kind of surprised.

On 9/6/2016 at 4:49 PM, cannastop said:

So, do we think that this is going to cross $100m dom? How about $120m?

Yeah, I think it will hit $120m. my guess is $130m. BOpro estimates are way too low imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Look at that celebrity cast.

Dreamworks Animation being Dreamworks Animation.

Besides who actually goes to an animated movie to see an actor they like?

Illumination's Despicable Me-films had Steve Carell as Gru. And BlueSky films have known names like Ray Romano as Manny from the Ice Age-films & Jesse Eisenberg as Blu from the Rio-films.

So yeah, big name-celebrities are very common now for voice works in animated films from Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Illumination & BlueSky, etc. Heck, even Sony Pictures Animation got Adam Sandler as the voice of Dracula from the Hotel Transylvania-films.

45 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

It looks awful

Well, just because you think it looks awful.....doesn't necessarily mean that every new Dreamworks film will exactly follow suit.

And what do you mean by "I hope this bombs"? Just so you can also "hopefully" wish the next Dreamworks film to bomb? That's just self-biased, dude. And for wrong reasons. You do realize that Dreamworks got several underperformers with Fox, by now. One more failure, and they probably won't get another big hit again.

I'm sorry....but one lone person saying that a Dreamworks-film looks awful...animation-wise.....is not enough to make people agree with you.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

I liked the new trailer. I really like the songs so far and the animation is gorgeous, may be a bit cheesy and the pop culture dialogue could be toned down.. like alot, but I wouldn't mind seeing this.