AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I expect Dreamworks to be a cut above Storks, however small. Even their worst is .... okay, even their modern day worst is better than that.

I wouldn't exactly call Shark Tale better than Storks, and I haven't seen the latter.

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

I wouldn't exactly call Shark Tale better than Storks, and I haven't seen the latter.

Modern day as in everything 2010 - present. 

I was genuinely going to say "Their entire library." before I thought about ST and swerved on it.

• Like 1

Shrek 3 is a bottom 5 worst all time animated film for me, and ST is probably bottom 10. Bee Movie, Sinbad, Home, and Madagascar 1 are also flat out bad and Flushed Away, Shrek 4, Monsters vs Aliens, and Madagascar 2 are all borderline bad. Then you have a whole slew of mediocre films from them, which is almost everything else outside of the KFP/HTTYD franchises and Shrek 1 and 2. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Shrek 3 is a bottom 5 worst all time animated film for me, and ST is probably bottom 10. Bee Movie, Sinbad, Home, and Madagascar 1 are also flat out bad and Flushed Away, Shrek 4, Monsters vs Aliens, and Madagascar 2 are all borderline bad. Then you have a whole slew of mediocre films from them, which is almost everything else outside of the KFP/HTTYD franchises and Shrek 1 and 2. 

The Croods is good but I do think when DWA tried to do three films a year, the decline in quality showed. 

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Billboards for this have begun appearing along the highway. Random lol.

The movie is just a month away from release, the outdoor campaign should begin now.

The earliest outdoor campaign I can recall in LA was TASM2, the billboards for that were already everywhere before Winter Soldier billboards despite TASM2 releasing 5 weeks later.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie is just a month away from release, the outdoor campaign should begin now.

The earliest outdoor campaign I can recall in LA was TASM2, the billboards for that were already everywhere before Winter Soldier billboards despite TASM2 releasing 5 weeks later.

For Florida, any movie getting an outdoor campaign is random. Only Fox movies ever seem to get one (last one to get a big campaign was X-Men). lol.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

This will have a mid 20's opening and consistent 40-45% drops.

With there being no animated movies for 6 weeks before this release, and the big marketing blitz sure to come with recognizable stars, I think 35-40M opening is possible. Ceiling is Croods numbers.

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

With there being no animated movies for 6 weeks before this release, and the big marketing blitz sure to come with recognizable stars, I think 35-40M opening is possible. Ceiling is Croods numbers.

?

Moana opens in its fourth weekend.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ehhhh. These bad reviews are going to turn a lot of people off, and there's a chance the other two releases on November 4 combine for 100M alone. 

• Like 1