AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

Guessing anywhere from 55% to 65% on RT, along with a mid 20's to low 30's opening. If DS gets decent reviews it could mean some trouble for Trolls OW.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Somewhat of a bummer to see this getting slammed. Was holding out hope for a surprise with how angry some of the animators got when they saw the teaser.

There really isn't much hope for DreamWorks now, is there?

Trust me, with Universal in charge, Dreamworks Animation will have a lot more hits and better marketed films.

• Like 1

Somewhat of a bummer to see this getting slammed. Was holding out hope for a surprise with how angry some of the animators got when they saw the teaser.

There really isn't much hope for DreamWorks now, is there?

In 2019, the terror will be ogre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Also, they got Croods 2 & How to Train Your Dragon 3 in 2018.....so they will have some bigger hits.

It feels waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late for Croods 2.

Just now, filmlover said:

This is the last release under their Fox partnership, right?

Nope, Boss Baby and Captain Underpants are the final ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It feels waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late for Croods 2.

Nope, Boss Baby and Captain Underpants are the final ones.

Ok, first of all.....did that "too late" affect Madagascar 3? Doubtful. Second.....i don't buy that "it's too late"-factor for this and some other sequels we get. If the movie is with good quality and lives up to it's potential...WOM would carry for the movie. Third.....I DON'T CARE!

Wrathofhan...... Why am i not surprised that you only see underperformance for these upcoming Dreamworks-films? A. Like you don't care....or B.....just to make me more upset?

So what....who cares? :kitschjob:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Ok, first of all.....did that "too late" affect Madagascar 3? Doubtful. Second.....i don't buy that "it's too late"-factor for this and some other sequels we get. If the movie is with good quality and lives up to it's potential...WOM would carry for the movie. Third.....I DON'T CARE!

Wrathofhan...... Why am i not surprised that you only see underperformance for these upcoming Dreamworks-films? A. Like you don't care....or B.....just to make me more upset?

The gap between the first Croods and the sequel is a very valid box office concern. There were only 3 and a half years for Madagascar, not 5+ years. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Sorry, I meant Home which faced similar comments here before opening to 50M. 

Home had barely any competition (Get Hard) compared to Trolls (Doctor Strange). However, it should do well due to lack of family breakouts, guessing $27M-$35M OW and a total from $100M-$125M. A Peanuts sized OW wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The gap between the first Croods and the sequel is a very valid box office concern. There were only 3 and a half years for Madagascar, not 5+ years. 

You mean like the gap between MI3 to MI4? (not an animated comparison...but still, you get the idea). That had a 5 year gap, didn't affect MI4 badly, whatsoever. So what you're trying to prove here....feels more biased against Dreamworks...and not for it.

Sorry, dude....i'm not gonna believe you.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34