AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

25M OW

65M DOM

Strike 1: Irrelevant property.

Strike 2: Though this is targeting the 8 and under crowd like Home, it'll be going against Doctor Strange. 

Strike 3: Fantastic Beasts and Moana are out in 2 and 2 and a half weeks later respectively. 

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

......It's just a teaser. Looks fine.

I guess it looks a bit better than DW's another movie, Shark Tale. And better than Norm of the North, this year.

Well, if you're using NORM OF THE NORTH as a point of comparison...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Well, if you're using NORM OF THE NORTH as a point of comparison...

Norm of the North looked like shit compared to this. :P And it was shit.

This one looks more colorful and fun. Not a masterpiece, obviously....but it looks fine.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Wtf r u guys on? It looks like a fun animated movie for KIDS. They will dig this stuff.

I make a point of refusing to defend or forgive a movie because it's aimed at kids, since these movies are all made by adults and I actually enjoy a lot of them.

This teaser is a microcosm of everything that annoys people about Dreamworks.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 6

Dear god that was an awful teaser. Then again, in the same sense as Pets, it didn't reveal any of the plot. I'll make an actual decision on how I feel about the movie itself once I get an actual sense of what the movie will be about.

This will open well for sure, it is the first animated movie post Storks in mid-September. Coming into an empty market for kids movies will definitely help it, plus promotions featuring Timberlake and Kendrick will drive interest as well. Reviews frankly won't matter when releasing in a barren market for kids movies, Home was one of the bigger animated movies of last year thanks to that factor.

• Like 1

CG Animated movies don't have to be shitty. I finally saw Big Hero 6 this weekend and it was pretty good. 

Good CG animated movies, Wall E, Toy Story series, Finding Nemo, Big Hero 6, Frozen. I haven't seen the Shreks cause they always looked like dumb humor to me and most of these CG animated films just continued the mind numbing drek.