AniNate

Trolls | Nov 4 2016 | Trailer Page 7. Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick. RT watch - 86%

Animation looks super cool and... yummy some how. but it's narrative is watered down by terrible modern pop culture puns. and it didn't give much into the story, which looks super basic too so far. it may be good and the animation may be reason enough to watch it, but so far I'm mostly unimpressed. DW deciding to go kiddie was such an awful I idea. I mean this is the studio that Made Shrek and Prince of Egypt. :unsure:

Edited by Kalo

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

This looks awful, then again Home did as well and that did good at the box office. 

Also the Shay liked it very much, quite unexpectedly. Seen it three or four times. If this is Home level good or better - I'll be in animated Heaven.

• Like 2

I actually thought it looked pretty fun.

But, what do I know, eh?

Thought Home looked like shit, made more than HTTYD2.

Thought Dory looked like DTV crap, highest grossing animated movie ever.

At least I was right on HTTYD, Cars 2, Inside Out and Zootopia. (to name some of the few I had either really good/bad reactions to)

7 hours ago, RichWS said:

Have you seen some of the movies they've made in the last 15 years?

Yes, I've seen almost all of them and sure they through in a kiddie film every now and then, (in the past) but what I'm saying is they were successful to begin with because they released more daring and edgy films than Disney. and they said themselves that the reason they thought their films were struggling were that their recent films weren't appealing enough for young children. but pretty much everything they released in the last 3 or 4 years that weren't sequels to previous film series started years ago, (Kung Fu Panda, HTTYD) have been very kid friendly and with the exception of The Croods and Home, have all underperformed.