A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

18 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

So, I read a rumor that 

Reveal hidden contents

I heard that this is how the book (??) Ends and hopefully it is not true because a 24 year old loosing his shit over a cartoon...yeah...not a good look...

Not a fan of the title. They should be consistent and just use numbers, since the last one didn't take this numberless subtitle approach. And beyond that, HTTYD is already a mouthful of a title as it is, especially for a kid's film. This title is way too unruly for marketing purposes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Impossible said:

Hopefully this is great so we can get another great animated trilogy. In terms of box office I’m guessing around $150 million domestically and $500 million worldwide.

I think the second film sort of ended any possibility of us getting a great trilogy...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

They wanted to get the story right? I think that's all the justification for a delay you should ever need.

That did not take time to get the story right hurt the second Dragon film badly. They rushed it into production too quick.

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not a fan of the title. They should be consistent and just use numbers, since the last one didn't take this numberless subtitle approach. And beyond that, HTTYD is already a mouthful of a title as it is, especially for a kid's film. This title is way too unruly for marketing purposes. 

They don’t want to scream out loud this is a third installment since the previous two might be forgotten 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

They wanted to get the story right? I think that's all the justification for a delay you should ever need.

I hope that's the case, I was just wondering if it was going through some production difficulties/change of staff and got delayed.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

That did not take time to get the story right hurt the second Dragon film badly. They rushed it into production too quick.

Well it was still decent, but can't disagree with that. None of the main two story threads seemed fully realised, the family reunion and the villain invasion both felt a little rushed and mushed together haphazardly, but I would still take this movie over almost anything DWA did this decade. 

The first one was amazing, the second one was great. 

I know a little girl who is dying for the 3rd. Not everyone has “forgotten” it.

On a side note if this ends how the books do... Ouch.

Edited by Arlborn

I can't wait. A friend dragged me along to the second one in the cinema as a joke, and I fell completely in love with it. Man 2014 was a good summer for movies.

Edited by Treeze Rutledge

4 hours ago, Treeze Rutledge said:

I can't wait. A friend dragged me along to the second one in the cinema as a joke, and I fell completely in love with it. Man 2014 was a good summer for movies.

Not for box office. Before the wasteland that was last summer happened, it was the least attended summer season in decades. As evidenced by a dreaded Transformers fourthquel looking like it had the summer crown in the bag all the way until August. 

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not for box office. Before the wasteland that was last summer happened, it was the least attended summer season in decades. As evidenced by a dreaded Transformers fourthquel looking like it had the summer crown in the bag all the way until August. 

ya, I know, I just meant personally I had a great time at the movies, that's the year I really got into seeing films in the cinema too :)  

17 hours ago, Morieris said:

I guess half the topics just...never got reindexed after the move last year bc I can't find half the topics through either normal search or going through a search engine.

Guess we'll get a trailer this year. Probably with Spiderverse.

Spiderverse would be pretty late for a March release. I'd say sometime this summer (either Incredibles 2 or Hotel Transylvania 3).

• Like 2