A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

The HTTYD movies are good, but man is that female dragon a lazy and rather dumb design.  She'd better turn out to be albino or some kind of genetic abberation and not a case of all female nightfuries are white because that's a tremendously stupid design choice.  Also making her look like a softer less spikey version of Toothless just comes across as a lazy design choice anyway.

She should have been bigger and more dangerous looking than Toothless tbh. Or not so trite a design choice. No sparkles.

Like the KFP franchise did a bang-up job making Tigress not 'just slap some eyelashes on her and make her small' nonsense.

Also I can't keep thinking of how the bad guy looks like Anthony Bourdain and it's killing me.

• Thanks 1

Tigress is a great example of a design.  Honestly, this wouldn't bug me so much if HTTYD wasn't normally so good with designs.  The 'make the female like the male but smaller, paler and sparkly' is not a good tactic.  They could have done a better design for her.  Also just from a biology standpoint, there's really no sensible reason for her to be white unless she's an arctic variation or something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sal said:

Also just from a biology standpoint, there's really no sensible reason for her to be white unless she's an arctic variation or something.

I just read a comment that says she looks like the dragon equivalent of an iPhone :lol:

I am definitely looking forward to this. Thought the second one was kind of average but they've been given enough time to give us a strong finale

as for box office though, I don't know. It has loads of competition and the last one would have come out five years prior and nine years since the first one. Many probably have forgotten this series exists

I guess it's only a matter of time before the black dragon got a mate. I'm assuming at the end of this one being the 3rd and most likely last one they would have a bunch of dragon babies running around by the end of the movie.

Edited by DMan7

16 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It increased OS, domestically it dropped.

Which was actually surprising, at least to me.

These movies are good. I thought HTTYD could beat TOY STORY III for best animated feature back in 2011.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

I guess it's only a matter of time before the black dragon got a mate. I'm assuming at the end of this one being the 3rd and most likely last one they would have a bunch of dragon babies running around by the end of the movie.

No...