A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

This is stuck between LEGO 2 and Dumbo on the schedule. Granted there is about a month between each, but I still don't see that boding particularly well for it. If LEGO is big families won't be starved for a new release so soon and this will have to rely all on its appeal, and if Dumbo is big, bye bye late legs. Considering Dragon 2 launched during a big drought of kids films, had great marketing, and was following up a breakout hit and still apparently didn't have a ton of appeal based on its OW, the release date could be trouble for this. Hope DWA managed to spend as little as possible. 

• Like 2

So many trailers for animation + family films, Jesus.

The animation, once again, looks breathtaking (very much in line with HTTYD1 and 2). The plot seems kinda clichéd, from the trailer, but it still has the charm and humor from before, so we'll see. That being said, I cannot hear that damn Ed Sheeran song anymore. Jesus fucking Christ.

20 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I will never get how there can be people that hate Ed Sheeran. He is literally the most harmless thing in the music industry right now...

Well 99% of modern music sucks and Ed Sheersn definitely is part of that percentage 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Well 99% of modern music sucks and Ed Sheersn definitely is part of that percentage 

Ed Sheeran's music though is quite timeless in a way. He sings pop ballads there is nothing that connects him with today's music specifically. He is not EDM or trap or anything like that. Not liking pop music in general is another thing I guess.

• Like 1

I liked the trailer! I like Ed Sheeran too but Castle on the Hill was already used in the Ferdinand trailer. They couldn't have picked a more generic song if they tried.

Hope it does really well but yeah not sure the 4-5 year gaps between instalments have helped the franchise box office wise. 

Alright, I watched the trailer. As inoffensive as you can reasonably expect one for a studio kids film to be. Visuals look great and I'm pretty sure that mating dance scene will be a lot funnier in context with a fluid soundtrack backing. And I don't really care that a mediocre Blue Sky movie got to Ed Sheeran first; there are far more obnoxious pop artists they could've used than him.

Though box office wise, it's probably not one that would help the movie break out beyond the franchise's established following; and I'm not sure what the formula would be to accomplish that. Just hoping for a great movie here.

15 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is stuck between LEGO 2 and Dumbo on the schedule. Granted there is about a month between each, but I still don't see that boding particularly well for it. If LEGO is big families won't be starved for a new release so soon and this will have to rely all on its appeal, and if Dumbo is big, bye bye late legs. Considering Dragon 2 launched during a big drought of kids films, had great marketing, and was following up a breakout hit and still apparently didn't have a ton of appeal based on its OW, the release date could be trouble for this. Hope DWA managed to spend as little as possible. 

Lego 2 looks dated from its first trailer so I doubt it will be much competition. 

I don't think HTTYD3 will do gangbusters unless it has the WOM of the first and then it will be backloaded not OW heavy. 

Anyway, I'm just glad that Dean DeBlois got make his trilogy and not have to dumb it down. 

• Like 2