A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Already dated June 18, 2016

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dreamworks-animation-jeffrey-katzenberg-seth-rogen-bureau-otherworldly-operations-how-train-dragon-368966

Director: Dean DeBlois

Screenplay: Dean DeBlois

Cast: Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler

Company: Dreamworks Animation

• Like 3

Look, I like this franchise. I won't be able to see the second movie in theaters, which is disappointing, but I really hope they won't go into a fourth movie. Fans are pleased by quality. Let there be quality. Make a third one and walk away.

Anyway, even if they were to make a fourth one, would the money allow it? Doubtful.

• Like 1

Look, I like this franchise. I won't be able to see the second movie in theaters, which is disappointing, but I really hope they won't go into a fourth movie. Fans are pleased by quality. Let there be quality. Make a third one and walk away.

Anyway, even if they were to make a fourth one, would the money allow it? Doubtful.

Katzenberg is the one who pitched the idea of a fourth film to Deblois.  I doubt they agree to do it though considering there wasn't an idea to do one beforehand when Deblois only agreed to a sequel in the first place if he could make the franchise a trilogy.  But none of this factors in $$$, which can change anything.

• Like 1

Trolls but they could swap them around and give Trolls May 13th or June 3rd.

They need to scrape this film if it's not too late.  Though they already bought the rights, so...  It's going to be $125 million or more spent for nothing. 

Trolls died out in popularity long ago, and I doubt they can revive it.  It sounds to me they just thought of the idea because of the Minions in Despicable Me honestly.  And were Trolls even popular anywhere overseas besides its own country of origin?  

Plus it's being directed by the same guy that was responsible for masterpieces like Deuce Bigalow, Surviving Christmas, and Alvin and the Chipmunks 2...  any hope for a quality film is pretty low.  

• Like 1

They might be making HTTYD 2&3 together.

Makes sense takes a while to do these great cgi features. I hope Dragon makes up for the drop off domestically OS.. Hows dragon 2 doing. And if they can keep them all great.. Im all for a 4th and 5th film.

Ice Age proably will be going past part 10...Every Ice Age movie is grand.. Though Drift could have been better. :)

• Like 1