Noctis

The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

Matrix is forever tainted for me by its unnecessary sequels so I will give the nod to Inception. Plus Inception connected to me emotionally better with Cob and his quest to see his kids again, as well as dealing with his guilt over what happened to his wife. It seems more.....personal then Neo's quest to find out what is real. Both are great great films and easily in the top 3 of their respective years.

Matrix is forever tainted for me by its unnecessary sequels so I will give the nod to Inception. Plus Inception connected to me emotionally better with Cob and his quest to see his kids again, as well as dealing with his guilt over what happened to his wife. It seems more.....personal then Neo's quest to find out what is real. Both are great great films and easily in the top 3 of their respective years.

That's ridiculous. We're not talking about the sequels. we're talking the first and best film. That's like saying that JAWS is tainted because of JAWS IV, The Godfather because of III or Halloween because of III and so on......The Matrix is not tainted by anything.
  • Like 3

That's ridiculous. We're not talking about the sequels. we're talking the first and best film. That's like saying that JAWS is tainted because of JAWS IV, The Godfather because of III or Halloween because of III and so on......The Matrix is not tainted by anything.

No, its not. Jaws IV really has nothing to do with Jaws except for their being a bloody big shark. The Matrix sequels however add or change what we perceive happening in the first movie. For example, Agent Smith being destroyed in number 1, I can't watch that scene without thinking about his appearances in number 2 and 3. Or Morpheus's unwavering faith.....a very key ingredient for me in number 1 and kind of ruined in the next two films. It's impossible for me to watch The Matrix and judge it on its own merits.But come on, I called it a top 3 film of 1999. It is by no means a bad film.

Well, what usually defines a trailer is the music, and Inception had the best one in years. In fact you attach any kind scenes from any movie to Mind Heist, and you will instantly get a good trailer.. It's like you put anything with Requiem for a Tower, and that thing will become epic in no time.

Edited by vc2002

Inception had empty characters , like most of Nolan films. It's his style that characters were created JUST to move the plot farward. Matrix had great characters as it took enough time to introduce and develop them.Emotion in Inception fell apart because like I said, the film never took enough time to introduce the character (it spent a whole-ass lot of time just to literally TELL you how this dream world worked LOL). A tragic story doesnt necessarily offer emotion. Emotion comes with real characters that you can feel and care. What Inception did was slamming the tragic story into your head, and telling you that it was emotional, but as a result it just felt fake and rushed.And dont even start this visual effects talk. Matrix destories Inception in that department IMO.

Yeppity yeppers. The Matrix mananged to explain itself WHILE the characters were evolving, which made it very effective. Inception basically just explained itself in bullet points on a notepad for an hour. Its just very dull to me. I also think Inception was a rather pointless movie whereas the Matrix had profound and vast themes.

The Matrix is imo, one of the most symbolic films of all time. It's disguised by frenetic action, dazzling special effects, beautifully choreographed fight scenes, a brilliant script and much much more. So even if you don't understand or even get what the Matrix is all about, the shiny red bow wrapped around the dazzling shiny green box under the Christmas tree means you can love it anyway.

Its actually pretty funny how quite a few people love this film to death without really knowing what its about. What a masterpiece. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Posted Image

"Hey, why are they hooked up like that? Is it some kind of Kraftmatic adjustable death bed?"

Posted Image

"Don’t be ridiculous. Their bodies are being used to generate electricity. The idea came from an old movie called The Matrix."

Posted Image

"But..but wouldn’t almost ANYTHING make a better battery than a human body? Like a potato? Or a battery?"

Posted Image

"Plus no matter how much energy they produce, it would take more energy than that to keep them alive."

Posted Image

"I know, I know. It sounds absurd. In fact, when The Matrix first came out, it seemed like the single crummiest, laziest, most awful dimwitted idea in the entire history of science fiction."

This, plus Keanu's usual "spirited" performance, take me out of the film. Inception gets better upon repeat viewings, which is more than I can say for this film.

Posted Image

"Hey, why are they hooked up like that? Is it some kind of Kraftmatic adjustable death bed?"

Posted Image

"Don’t be ridiculous. Their bodies are being used to generate electricity. The idea came from an old movie called The Matrix."

Posted Image

"But..but wouldn’t almost ANYTHING make a better battery than a human body? Like a potato? Or a battery?"

Posted Image

"Plus no matter how much energy they produce, it would take more energy than that to keep them alive."

Posted Image

"I know, I know. It sounds absurd. In fact, when The Matrix first came out, it seemed like the single crummiest, laziest, most awful dimwitted idea in the entire history of science fiction."

That little skit failed on so many levels.
  • Like 1