Noctis

The Matrix VS Inception

Matrix VS Inception  

58 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix VS Inception

• The Matrix
    • Inception

I can't answer because I didn't respond? Thats a new one. I'll respond to something you say when it has merit.

I asked you two simple questions.1) What is a strawman argument2) What posts on that page fit that criteriaIf you can not answer those two simple simple questions, that is fine, but please for the love of God, don't try to hide behind logical fallacies in the future if you cant defend what you wrote.Cheers.

I asked you two simple questions.

1) What is a strawman argument

2) What posts on that page fit that criteria

If you can not answer those two simple simple questions, that is fine, but please for the love of God, don't try to hide behind logical fallacies in the future if you cant defend what you wrote.

Cheers.

Posted Image

A post that you can not answer, does not make it a shit post, young grasshopper.So again:1) What is a strawman argument2) What posts on that page fit that criteriaAll I am asking you to do is to explain your post, clearly that is beyond you.Fair enough :)

Edited by Phil in the Rises

A post that you can not answer, does not make it a shit post, young grasshopper.

So again:

1) What is a strawman argument

2) What posts on that page fit that criteria

All I am asking you to do is to explain your post, clearly that is beyond you.

Fair enough :)

Its amusing how you think you're getting anywhere here my friend.

You called The Matrix flawed because you didn't feel much for obvious filler characters such as Apoc. You don't know them well becaue you weren't suppose to. If you have a problem with the idea of filler characters with smaller roles, then thats your problem because most films have them. You also said none of the other main characters have much character development except Neo. Thats just a really vague thing to say and flat out not true, but they obviously don't have as much development as Neo because the story unfolds in the first person through Neo's eyes. And finally, you said you don't buy Trinity's love for Neo. Jesus, have you ever had a big crush on somebody? Trinity and crew have had they're eye on Neo for a long time(established in the film along with "i know a lot about you" from her to him when they first met in The Matrix) so its not like he was a complete stranger to her when they first met. The Oracle even told her that she would fall in love him. Basically, you just pulled a bunch of crap out of a hat and criticized it, which can be seen as a straw man argument.

So that was Posted Image x2 with a response. :)

Edited by Shpongle

Keanu gave a beautifully devastating performance and was robbed of an Oscar win.

Posted Image

Ok, that was funny. I thought he was perfectly fine in The Matrix, but in his earlier stuff like Point Break and Speed, he did stumble a lot, even though those movies are still classics. Edited by Shpongle

A straw-man argument is where you take a position of someone who you are arguing against, simplify and exaggerate it and then argue against that rather than what that person position actually is saying. As my post was not actually arguing against anyone or anything and was merely listing my thoughts after watching a movie, by definition it can't be a straw man argument.I dont know whether the film makers intended for us to care about Apoc and co or not. All that I am saying is that for me scenes like that feel emotionally flat to me because I was not invested in those characters. Inception on the other hand kept me emotionally invested right throughout the film which is why it gets the nod from me. As for Trinity's 'love'. I have had a big crush on somebody, and I am old enough to know that that is not love. I could believe that she was infatuated with Neo, I could not believe that she was in love. A few more scenes aboard the ship with Neo and Trinity bonding and it would had been more believable to me.Please note that I really don't care if you prefer the Matrix. They are both great films and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. But personally I find it ridiculous that you are that insecure about a movie poll to make inflammatory comments about someone who gives your movie of choice a 9/10 and only slightly behind another flick that you are apparently not a fan of.

Edited by Phil in the Rises

But personally I find it ridiculous that you are that insecure about a movie poll to make inflammatory comments about someone who gives your movie of choice a 9/10 and only slightly behind another flick that you are apparently not a fan of.

Oh please, I just kick the Nolanite beehive every now and then for shits and giggles because they're elitists. The rest of your post we can agree to disagree on.

The Matrix is also Rated R, which makes it infinitely more impressive IMO Inception's BO. The R-rating drastically cuts down a films potential at the Box Office.

Back then, R ratings didn't really affect a movie's box office. It was after Columbine that theatre's actually started carding everyone who looked even slightly underage for R rated movies. Plus, The Matrix had no sex and little bad language, so most parents didn't object to their kids watching it. I remember a lot of spectulation in the summer of '99 that South Park: BL&U underperformed because of the new rule. That's the reason there's only been a handful of R-rated blockbusters in the years since (and The Passion doesn't really count since it wasn't aimed at teens). Edited by Darth Homer
  • Like 1

A Will Smith Matrix movie would have been all about Will Smith. It could have been an even bigger box office hit but I think its only legacy would have been 'more Will Smith sci-fi movies' which we sort of got anyway. Inception's OS run was astounding. 500m for an original 2D film may not happen again for a while. But I digress. .

• Like 1

A Will Smith Matrix movie would have been all about Will Smith. It could have been an even bigger box office hit but I think its only legacy would have been 'more Will Smith sci-fi movies' which we sort of got anyway. Inception's OS run was astounding. 500m for an original 2D film may not happen again for a while. But I digress. .

Smith has gone on record as saying that he would have been wrong for the film and that Keanu was exactly what the film needed. And I think he's right. I can't picture anyone in that role but Reeves. Inception is a box office marvel.
  • Like 2

Imo all the acting (except for Hugo Weaving) in Matrix is either wooden or forgettable. Plus the dialogue didnt work for me.Its not that big of a deal since the movie kept me interested and entertained for two hours

The acting in The Matrix is top notch to me.