The Creator

Creator's Corner Year 4

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will your film be number one on my list?

• Yes
    • No
    • Numbers' will, of course!

18. The Triple Nickels

It is definitely an above-average film, and it's deeply emotional and powerfully acted. It just doesn't attempt to really go beyond the norms of its genre and that bogs it down in some genericisms, but otherwise it is still a well-crafted movie with a heartfelt story and passionate acting.

8. Wenan

I kind of really wanted to love this film more than this, just because I love Paul Thomas Anderson films. "Wenan" is a great film, just not his greatest. In some sense, at least to me, it didn't even really feel like a PTA film. It was a lot different than what I'm used to from him. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't a good film. It was very well delivered, with some good acting and a very unique storytelling method that leaps about to paint a historical depiction of Australia's Aboriginal roots and its modern society's development. The film has a lot to cover, and that's why it's a very long film, but at no point was I bored and throughout it was very well-written and directed, with some great technical aspects to go along with. And PTA is one of the year's best directors again.

20. Death of a Salesman

"Death of a Salesman" is quite unique in the way it handles its story, which makes me inclined to like it, but nevertheless it could have been better. In some ways it wasn't coherent enough to me, or maybe I just lost focus, in which case it wasn't captivating enough. But that aside, it is a good film with an original storytelling pattern and a catching ending.

And...

2. THE ROAD HOME

My film so I'm not really entitled to review it, but I will say that I am proud of it and it is a very original pattern of storytelling, with the whole film focused around a single hour. The acting is all around stellar and the four storylines are compelling, with each one centerred on some domestic issue that, in most cases, is not resolved by the end of the hour.

• Like 1