Hiccup

Year 4 Actuals

Spark should finish around 140-145M and break even domestically with the budget. It should do 300M+ worldwide thus making profit. I would go for a sequel to Spark for sure. It could do 200M+ easily cuz Spark got great word of mouth and reviews.

A sequel is still happening, but I'm still baffled as to why this fell significantly below everyone's expectations.

If Nirvana can make 200 million in 5 days......imagine how much Obliteration (which is actually BP quality) will obliterate in its opening weekend (Year 8, tentatively)

Obliteration is way too big a film for it to be realistically made in a 2-year gap (unless you shift from Summer Year 6 to Winter Year 8). Besides, a three-year gap between films will make people savor the anticipation more. And I'm not simply saying this because I want Part 1 of Starcraft Brood War to be the dominant sci-fi film of Summer Year 8. :ph34r:

I expect Vast Dark to open above 50m, then fall from the face of the Earth. Triple Nickels and Miracle Kids should have decent totals as well. Will Nirvana win the year?

Nirvana just off the 8 weekends brought about 325M. So yes it will go over 400M and finish around 475M.

Nirvana just off the 8 weekends brought about 325M. So yes it will go over 400M and finish around 475M.

Your math is wrong. It has the 88 million in the first 2 days, then 237 million off weekends. It's at about 400-405 million as of the end of Weekend 8 and should finish around 415ish. Edited by 4815162342

Your math is wrong. It has the 88 million in the first 2 days, then 237 million off weekends. It's at about 400-405 million as of the end of Weekend 8 and should finish around 415ish.

Did you count the 200M five day weekend? Edited by Andrew the Alien

Did you count the 200M five day weekend? it made 200M in the first five day weekend. Then made 57M the second weekend and then made 30M its third weekend. That is 287M.

It made 88 million in its first two days. Then in its first actual weekend it made 112. You don't count the first 88 million when you add up the weekends because it fucks with extrapolating weekday numbers. The first two days are essentially a tacked-on bonus you do at the end. Edited by 4815162342

It made 88 million in its first two days. Then in its first actual weekend it made 112. You don't count the first 88 million when you add up the weekends because it fucks with extrapolating weekday numbers. The first two days are essentially a tacked-on bonus you do at the end.

Ok I get it.

Complaining complaining

Easy now. That was an observation, not a complaint. Granted, the tone of voice got kind of messed up considering how I had a rough morning. I'm guessing that there ware some kind of crazy storm that affected the box office that weekend, but you didn't write anything in the weekend descriptions, so...Anyways, I'm pretty much over how Spark performed. At the end of the day, it's being hailed as one of the best movies of the year (Numbers even said it had an outside shot of a BP nod), and that's more important than fake money. :) I'll be sure to pimp out high merchandising sales and an A+ CinemaScore. Edited by Spaghetti