spizzer

Unreleased Deleted Scenes/Extended Cuts

So, what I've found is that there are a whole bunch of scenes that were recorded, possibly scored, and were never released. Not on the Special Edition additional features, not on the Ultimate Edition DVDs. They just haven't been seen. I've found a couple videos that show evidence of the existence of these scenes, as well as a comprehensive list, compiled on COS, of what is known to have been shot, but excluded. My hope is that we one day get LOTR style full director's cuts or extended editions.

I read that Yates stated that there was roughly 45 minutes cut from the fifth film, yet the included deleted scenes only amount up to about 7 extra minutes of footage.

I'm guessing that there's a lot more cut from the first four as well as 6-8 as well, and I really hope that WB releases these scenes.

Barring the final film, which without credits fell under 2 hours, I'm assuming that 1-7 all would theoretically have near 3 hour runtimes, which the later films really need considering how much was cut out. Some of the scenes are not that relevant, and really I'd just like to see them for the sake of seeing how they were done and how they would fit into the movies. However, some of them, I believe, could certainly have enhanced the films, specifically OOTP, as there was just so much crucial information taken out.

Here's the list from COS:

PS

[*]Original entrance to 4 Privet Drive after snake escape

[*]Slightly extended scene about troll

[*]Peeves

[*]Extended Mirror of Erised

[*]Extended Flamel discovery

[*]The Point Hourglasses scene

[*]Extended Scene of Vernon burning the letters

[*]Extended Hagrid explanation scene

CoS

[*]Scene with Ginny looking from the balcony in the Gryffindor common room

[*]Alternative Chamber discussion in Common Room (same lines as corridor scene)

PoA

[*]The Patronus Explanation scene (not sure if filmed)

[*]Dracula/bikini scene in DADA (extra boggart?)

[*]Scabber’s disappearance scene

GoF

[*]Priori Incantatem Explanation scene

[*]Waterfall Scene

[*]Harry in bed looking at the egg

[*]Extended Discussion in Dumbeldore's Office

[*]Trio meeting Sirius in cave near Hogsmeade

OotP

[*]45 minutes removed

[*]Snape's Worst Memory

[*]Bellatrix vs. Sirius

[*]More Department of Mysteries (inc. R/Hr and H/G scenes)

[*]Hagrid's class on thestrals

[*]Ministry attack on Hagrid and McGonagall

[*]Malfoy and Nott say that the Death Eaters will win the upcoming war

[*]McGonagall in a wheelchair

[*]Trelawney having a nervous breakdown

[*]Extended Potions class

[*]Malfoy Manor

[*]Lucius in Azkaban

[*]Dumbledore vs Voldemort dialogue

HBP

[*]Neville in his bed

[*]Extended Slug Club dinner

[*]Dumbledore trying on the ring

[*]Slightly Extended Horcrux explanation (inc. different flashes)

[*]Worple and Saguini at the Slug Party

[*]Snape: It's Over

DH1

[*]Rita Skeeter Voiceovers

[*]Extended 7 Potters Aftermath

[*]Hermione and Krum dancing

[*]Scabior torturing trio

[*]Death Eaters at 12GP

[*]Harry finding Lily's letter

[*]Extended 'Exodus' montague

[*]Harry and Ron after destroying the locket

[*]Extended Malfoy Manor

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mUJTmFuZg

This is what I'm talking about. The first few aren't as significant, but there are some interesting scenes here.

From GOF, there's quite a few smaller details that would be fun to see added in, but there's also Dumbledore's explanation of Priori Incantantem, as well as Harry pondering Voldemort's return in front of a waterfall.

OOTP just has too many too mention.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-AL1SL8KHs&feature=channel_video_title

Here's some more from HBP. Some of these are featured in the deleted scenes from the DVD, but some are not.

Lots taken out from DH1, Krum, extended Scrimgeour scene, Harry finding Lily's Letter (!!), Ron's growing tension, and I'm sure there's more*None of these videos are mine, credit sportsman893 on YouTube for finding all of this

Yeah, they had a lot of room to work with that one, and I was surprised at the runtime. I caught Maximum Movie mode earlier today, and Yates emphasized a few times that he really wanted to maintain a brisk pace with this one. He just wanted to avoid anything that may slow the story down.

Yeah, they had a lot of room to work with that one, and I was surprised at the runtime. I caught Maximum Movie mode earlier today, and Yates emphasized a few times that he really wanted to maintain a brisk pace with this one. He just wanted to avoid anything that may slow the story down.

Which he's right. I can't help but think that if we had seen Fred's Death, we wouldn't have gotten Courtyard Apocalypse.

The issue is the fact that there were a total of 4 directors, as opposed to 1 Peter Jackson. To recreate the films into these extended cuts, they'd be wise to consult the directors for each film, and have them work on fitting the scenes into the films. Is this something they are willing to do? Given the the rather underwhelming sales of the Ultimate Editions of the first two films (which included the deleted scenes that were part of the Special Features, but not the unreleased ones), I would think that they may not bother