CAYOM Year 4: Oscar Picks

Just switched out Michael Giacchino for Jeremy Soule, who I just looked up, and saw his rather interesting discography.I'm disappointed by Last Six not being mentioned much under Cinematography. Whether you like the movie or not, it's the first movie ever in this game to be completely filmed in IMAX, and I feel as though that technical merit alone deserves nomination.

Thanks. It's a hobby of mine to try and get TV and video game composers noticed in CAYOM (here and in the original version). So far I've had little success. Though it's my hope that I'll get Soule, Martin O'Donnell (the Halo series composer), and Bear McCreary (TV composer) Oscar noms eventually.

So here's how it's going to go. I have class Monday morning until about 1130. I'm going to eat lunch and after that return to my apartment where I will finalize the Oscar picks and move on to tiebreakers.So, that gives anyone who hasn't started or still has work to do on theirs about 26 hours to get it done.

BEST PICTUREAlesiaThe Glass CastleThe Good Die YoungNever Say GoodbyeThe Road HomeBEST DIRECTORWoody Allen (Never Say Goodbye)Paul Thomas Anderson (Wenan)Gus Van Sant (The Road Home)Martin Scorsese (The Good Die Young)Peter Weir (Alesia)BEST ACTORJim Carrey (Citizen Hughes)Leonardo DiCaprio (Never Say Goodbye)Emile Hirsch (The Good Die Young)John C. Reilly (The Road Home)Clive Owen (Alesia)BEST ACTRESSEllen Burstyn (The Road Home)Kiera Knightley (LoveBytes)Jennifer Lawrence (The Good Die Young)Chloe Moretz (The Glass Castle)Michelle Williams (The Flowers of Arvika)BEST SUPPORTING ACTORMichael Caine (Never Say Goodbye)Tom Cruise (Comedians)Sam Elliot (The Road Home)Tom Hardy (The Good Die Young)Alexander Skarsgard (The Flowers of Arvika)BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESSAngelina Jolie (Never Say Goodbye)Diane Keaton (Never Say Goodbye)Julianne Moore (The Road Home)Robin Wright Penn (The Glass Castle)Lea Seydoux (Alesia)BEST ENSEMBLEAlesiaThe Glass CastleThe Good Die YoungNever Sad GoodbyeThe Road HomeBEST FILM EDITINGAlesiaThe Good Die YoungLoveBytesThe Road HomeWenanBEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAYThe Good Die YoungLoveBytesNever Say GoodbyeThe Road HomeWenanBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAYThe Bellringer of Notre DameCall of Duty: Of Their Own AccordCitizen HughesDeath of a SalesmanThe Glass CastleBEST CINEMATOGRAPHYAlesiaThe Flowers of ArvikaThe Good Die YoungNirvanaWenanBEST SCOREPatrick Doyle (Alesia)Nathan Larson (The Flowers of Arvika)Thomas Newman (The Glass Castle)Howard Shore (Wenan)Hans Zimmer (Nirvana)BEST VISUAL EFFECTSCall of Duty: Of Their Own AccordDawn of Souls II: RebirthDivisionsThe Last SixNirvanaBEST ART DIRECTIONAlesiaThe Bellringer of Notre DameBohemianNirvanaWenanBEST COSTUME DESIGNAlesiaThe Bellringer of Notre DameThe Good Die YoungNirvanaWenanBEST MAKE UPAlesiaThe Bellringer of Notre DameCitizen HughesNirvanaWenanBEST SOUND MIXINGAlesiaCall of Duty: Of Their Own AccordNirvanaThe SimulationWenanBEST SOUND EDITINGAlesiaNirvanaSparkSylvariusThe Triple NickelsBEST USE OF ACTIONAlesiaCall of Duty: Of Their Own AccordThe Last SixNirvanaThe Triple Nickels

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: this part is over

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

BOXOFFICE Forums Staff