#ED

The Dark Knight Trilogy Blu Ray ULTIMATE COLLECTORS EDITION OFFICIAL 9/24/13

Since the trilogy set is just a generic one and it sounds like a better one is coming out later at some point, I am going to go with the cowl version. It seems to be pretty cool.

Since the trilogy set is just a generic one and it sounds like a better one is coming out later at some point, I am going to go with the cowl version. It seems to be pretty cool.

This.Perhaps I can trade in the actual blu ray when the ultimate collectors edition is released.
  • Like 2

I just ordered the cowl edition via amazon. 34.99 + Free 2 day shipping(will arrive on release date) with amazon prime. I signed up to get the free shipping! I will cancel in less than 30 days -_-

Any news on the Ultimate Collectors Edition!?

They're not going to say a word until well after the release of TDKR on Blu, so don't bother waiting. They want you buy it now, and then they want you to buy it again, but if they give any news regarding the ultimate edition, then some are gonna wait.

REVIEWS ARE COMING IN:

Supplements: What Goodies Are There?

Warner doesn't go full-tilt with any Maximum Movie Mode here or anything, but there are definitely some intriguing bonuses on The Dark Knight Rises' BD debut (though it definitely feels like we'll get a double-dip Ultimate Edition sometime in the next year or two). Make sure you have your Second Screen Experience app downloaded on your tablet or smart phone, so you can go through supplemental material as the movie plays - it's a little distracting, but I'm actually warming to the feature.

Accessed separately, we get four featurette combos - Production (69:00 total), Characters (30:00 total), Reflections (15:00) total, and The Batmobile (60:00). A more streamlined, documentary-style effort might have been nicer, but there's still a wealth of info here. Some trailers are included, as well, and both a DVD Edition and an Ultraviolet Digital Copy are thrown in, too.

Final Thoughts:

This will probably be the Blu-ray title of the holiday season, and while it may not hold up over time as a legitimately effective action classic, if you enjoyed the picture in cinemas in July (and beyond), you'll dig it again here. Audio/video quality is excellent, and while the somewhat limited amount of bonuses included here is a drag (it's weird to complain about almost three hours of ancillary stuff feeling disappointing, but it's true!), as a high-def rental, this one's a no-brainer.

Edited by iTz ReaLLy ED

All stores, but to my understanding it will be a limited amount.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't find a definite confirmation of that. Well Target opens pretty early so I could get it before work, assuming they have it.Thanks :)
  • Like 1

Knowing Warner, they'll likely repackage it with a bonus disc with new content.

Well they increased the specs of The Ultimate Matrix collection. Hopefully they do the same here.