Impact

Monthly Records throughout the years

1985: The year of BTTF and Stallone

;)

Nah, 1985-86 were the years of Stallone. His films made more than all other stars' movies. They were also big hits on video rentals in 1986 with Rambo First Blood Part II staying inside the Top 20 for 19 weeks and the first 6 of those weeks it was #1. I have too many stats to mention here, but believe me, Rocky IV, Rambo First Blood Part II and Cobra were huge everywhere.

Films lasted longer in theaters back then. I preferred those days. Nowadays, films have a 1 week window to make 75% of their gross, then they have an 8 week window after that initial week to make the remaining 25%. It's silly, but it was made like this by the studios trying to get more money from their product than the cinemas and by mass-marketing (driving demand and buzz) making everyone go immediately that it is out. Making people act like it is 'the event of the year' etc.Back in the 80s, for example, people were excited to see movies, but they could still wait to see them once the film had come out. Maybe they would see it in its 2nd or 3rd or even 5th weekend, which meant the weekly drops were much smaller than nowdays where everyone rushes to see it at midnight.I love research 70s and 80s box office. Todays box office is so boring in comparison.

So-3 months have fallen this year which has been the norm as of late. We will have 4 with the Hobbit. If Taken 2 and BD2 happen to break the records, we will have 5!Which would be the most since 2002 which had 8.

Bumps.

Okay all the months this year on how likely they are to be broken:

April: None-unless if somehow one of the new releases breaks out...(Yeah right!)

May: The Purge will destroy Avengers record ;) Okay really-no chance.

June: Very MINOR chance that Monsters does it, doubt it though.July: Unlikely.

August: No chance anything does.

September: I actually think Cloudy 2 has a decent shot at this record.October: Nothing looks to break it-also based off the trend, it has to be a part 3 that does it.

November: Catching Fire has a great shot of breaking this.December: Hobbit 2 has a pretty good shot of breaking this.

So there we go~