A Marvel Fanboy

Flopped Actors/Actresses Thread

Brody is a flop. This is a guy who won an Oscar and can't find work at an age when actors (males) are supposed to be in their prime. He does have a shot at making a comeback as Wes Anderson likes him and keeps giving him small parts in his movies.

Someone mentioned Daniel Radcliffe as a flop. Seriously? His career is just beginning and he may flop if he picks bad roles but that can be said about almost any actor.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jim Carrey. He is NOT a flop obviously but he seems to have completely vanished from the conversation. This was a guy who used to be paid Adam Sandler money to do comedy movies.

We need a new thread for these types of actors and actresses. Not flops but careers have gone so far off the rails you forgot they even existed. 

People like Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis, Helen Hunt (although she was just nominated for an Oscar) but her too.

Edited by ECSTASY

Yep, Olivia Wilde, Hollywood and her agent is trying way too hard.

Still no really happening.

Tron Legacy was supposed to make her happened even if she looked like a sex doll rolling her big eyes with her mouth wide open to express childlike amazement during the whole movie. Her other expression is the bland pseudo badass stare stolen from Trinity.

She's the new Jessica Alba but less curvy. All looks no substance.

• Like 1

Yeha, Olivia Wilde is not gonna happen. She doesn`t even have real fans.

Mark Hammil

From the biggest franchise of all time to anime and video games voice overs.

Sean Astin went down to after school specials. That`s way worse and he was at one point hotly tipped to get an oscar nom. :rofl: Anyone remembers his stupid SAG speech when he started to make a political statement for himself while speaking for the whole cast? That wa sone of the most embarrassing moments.

We need a new thread for these types of actors and actresses. Not flops but careers have gone so far off the rails you forgot they even existed. 

People like Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis, Helen Hunt (although she was just nominated for an Oscar) but her too.

There is another very obvious name. People have mentioned Ben Affleck but no one mentions Jennifer Garner. She was the next big thing after Alias but hasn't done anything memorable since then. I can only think of one hit movie she has been in and that was Juno.

• Like 1

There is another very obvious name. People have mentioned Ben Affleck but no one mentions Jennifer Garner. She was the next big thing after Alias but hasn't done anything memorable since then. I can only think of one hit movie she has been in and that was Juno.

Jennifer Garner pulls the "Put-my-acting-career-on-hiatus-to-play-my-biggest-role-ever-Mommy" joker card.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Jennifer Garner pulls the "Put-my-acting-career-on-hiatus-to-play-my-biggest-role-ever-Mommy" joker card.

Sad but true. Girl has tons of talent, great comedic timing and believable ass-kicker physique and even some real martial arts training.

I don`t know what happened. :(

I`d say that entire cast of Twin Peaks is a huge flop. Lara Flynn Boyle stayed longer because she was dating Jack Nicholson and had some legal eagle TV show and Heather Graham had the one-two punch with Boogie Nights and Austin Powers 2 (recently seen in The Hangover), but that`s nothing. others did even worse. And the show was,like, best thing since sliced bread.

Edited by fishnets

Hamill's one of the best voice actors around, don't diss him because he's now doing what he's actually good at (I think anyone can agree that his acting wasn't one of the OT's strong points).

People like Colin Farrell and Gerard Butler are huge stars, even if they've had some flops movies- they're still very well known and still get approached to head blockbuster films. They aren't flops, and neither is Reynolds, Gosling, Hardy, or any of those guys mentioned. If yo're a big star that continues to get offered major roles in well-promoted, major studio films, you aren't a flop.  A flop is somebody that was billed as having a ton of potential, got about a year or two of hype, and then fell off the face of the planet to the point where they aren't being offered serious, high caliber roles.  Freddie Prinze Jr and Hayden Christensen are flops. Taylor Kitsch is on the way to being a flop. Colin Farrell is not a flop. 

• Like 3

People like Colin Farrell and Gerard Butler are huge stars, even if they've had some flops movies- they're still very well known and still get approached to head blockbuster films. They aren't flops, and neither is Reynolds, Gosling, Hardy, or any of those guys mentioned. If yo're a big star that continues to get offered major roles in well-promoted, major studio films, you aren't a flop.  A flop is somebody that was billed as having a ton of potential, got about a year or two of hype, and then fell off the face of the planet to the point where they aren't being offered serious, high caliber roles.  Freddie Prinze Jr and Hayden Christensen are flops. Taylor Kitsch is on the way to being a flop. Colin Farrell is not a flop. 

yeah but how is Farrell  continuing to get leading roles in blockbusters when they are constantly flops? Something fishy here

Yeah, I don't consider actors who can actually act and give solid performances most of the time to be flops just because they're not huge banksters.  Colin Farrell is no Hayden Christensen, Taylor Kitsch, or Sam Woodington.