A Marvel Fanboy

Flopped Actors/Actresses Thread

I wouldn't say Alyson has flopped. HIMYM lasted many years, it's not the same as big screen movies, but it's not crappy direct to video movies either. She's happily married with young children, I think she just wanted a steady well paying gig.

Yeah I don't see how being a lead in two extremely successful golden globe nominated tv shows that lasted 15 years of her career, makes her a flop. not to mention 4 american pie movies,

Evangeline Lilly is going to be a huge flop and she`s already saying stupid shit so I can`t freakin wait for DUI where she`s going to make Reese sound like a Pope. FLOP! FLOP! FLOP!

LOL! Lily just appeared in a Marvel film that grossed close to 180 million at the box office and is certainly going to get an even bigger MARVEL profile once she becomes the Wasp, which is all but guaranteed. Sorry, fishy.

• Like 1

I kind of think so people are missing the point of this thread. not every actor has to be in Oscar darlings and blockbuster hits their entire life to be seen as a success, my Idea of a flopped actor is someone who was in like a couple good movies and then fell completely off the radar or someone who is given giant opportunities, but wasn't really a good actor and pretty much all their films flopped or were critical disappointments. Nicholas Cage for Example WON an academy award, something only 0.001% of actors ever achieve, he was in a massive hit franchise (National Treasure) played in several great cult hits, like Raising Arizona. and even had a bit of a comeback with his well kick-ass role in kick-Ass, true he doesn't play in very many good films anymore and he nailing a lot of it in, because he's old, it's hard to keep a successful career as an actor after 50. I don't know, I kind of find the point of this thread kind of gossipy and belittling to people in the field of acting in general. 

Edited by Kalo

2 hours ago, bigfetz said:

Recently saw a post on reddit about how Kevin Bacon thought he was going down hill with Tremors and he had a breakdown during the filming or something. 

yes. He thought at the time since he was doing a movie about giant worms his career was over.