Hiccup

Wednesday Numbers (J Edgar Only)

J.Edgar- $58,587

boxoffice.com

Early estimates from Warner Bros has J. Edgar bowing to a low-key but healthy midweek $53,000 in limited runs Wednesday in 7 theatres in 5 cities — LA, NY, Chicago, Washington DC, and San Francisco. That was good enough for 12th place at the slow North American box office, besting movies playing in thousands of locations. The Oscar-buzzed biopic starring Leonard DoCaprio opens nationwide on Friday in 1,910 locations. Tracking has been strong for weeks, especially among adults.

Yeah, I can't think of a perfect comparison, but I'd definitely say it's not great."Hereafter" opened to $60,701 for a PTA of $10,117, but that was on a Friday. Personally, I'd expect a PTA of about $6,000-$7,000 for the weekend if it's in 1,900 theaters.

Nah, I think death is a more interesting subject for most people. The majority probably don't know or care about J. Edgar Hoover. Hereafter doesn't seem like the best comparison to me, it's just because they have the same director, really.

Hey Baumer, completely unrelated topic here, but your postcount is underwhelming. LOL. I know that sounds odd, but whats with the low number. Have you just been busy, are you not as passionate? Honestly, I expected to see you up there with Impact and Fake. Just a random thought that really doesn't warrant an answer. :D

Nice... Somebody that uses Chaplin/City Lights as his avatar... ;)

Nice... A Chaplin fan... ;)I hated that BOM didn't have any Chaplin avatars, so as soon as this forum opened, I eagerly donned my Chaplin (after all, that's where my name comes from...).

Nice... A Chaplin fan... ;)I hated that BOM didn't have any Chaplin avatars, so as soon as this forum opened, I eagerly donned my Chaplin (after all, that's where my name comes from...).

Yeah, shame on me I still don't own the Keystone collection restored by the BFI... ;)

Hey Baumer, completely unrelated topic here, but your postcount is underwhelming. LOL. I know that sounds odd, but whats with the low number. Have you just been busy, are you not as passionate? Honestly, I expected to see you up there with Impact and Fake. Just a random thought that really doesn't warrant an answer. :D

I have never posted a lot in the winter months. Summer i usually post 2000-3000 times and the rest of the year is sporadic. So it's not that I'm not passionate anymore, I just don't have as much to say right now.