Water Bottle

CAYOM Player Guide (How to Play)

I'll give a description of the threads:Year #: Part 1 - We list our films here, there's info about what to put aboveYear # Discussion - Where we discuss our films and everyone's elsesCrowd Report Thread - Where you can do crowd reports of films (as of now, we can't do Year 5 films until Part 2 begins)Marketing Info - Pretty self explanitory, you list your films marketing here.Magazine - Post fake updates on your film in the form of a magazine article.These are the only threads you should pay attention to, until Part 2 comes. Then there will be Part 2 itself and (possibly) a Club ThreadHope I helped! :D

What about the Studio thread?

I'll respond to both posts:The Studio thread is where people make plans for their "studios," though I do studio planning in the Magazine thread.And yes, you can post about future project in the Magazine or Studios thread, but NOT IN THE YEAR # PART 1 THREAD. That thread is for the current year we are in. And as of now we are in Year 5, so...

What about the DVDs and Blu-rays thread? And the FYC thread?!

DVD/Blu-Ray Thread - Post information about your film's releases on home video.FYC Thread - Post your films and what Oscars you want to get nominated for your films.

• Community Manager

The Oscar stuff sounds boring. I think I will skip it all together :lol:

I also skip it for the most part.Anything beyond Year 5 is just planning for future films by players. You don't have to worry about that at all.

But I really can't announce like 5 movies for Year 5 since it is almost starting, right? I can't release a movie in January, for example.I just created a studio in the Studios thread. Please, can someone tell me if everything is ok in that post?

Edited by CJohn

Where can I see if the movie that I want to do was already made?Remakes or sequels from real movies (for example, can I do a new Ghost Rider?) are not allowed, right?And what about stuff like Batman: Arkham City? Can I adapt this into a movie?

Edited by CJohn

• Community Manager

Well Year 5 has already started. You can release a film at any time during Year 5 that you want.

Where can I see if the movie that I want to do was already made?Remakes or sequels from real movies (for example, can I do a new Ghost Rider?) are not allowed, right?And what about stuff like Batman: Arkham City? Can I adapt this into a movie?

There is a franchise thread. The rule is that if someone else has the rights or if there's going to be a real-life movie then it's not allowed.

But I really can't announce like 5 movies for Year 5 since it is almost starting, right? I can't release a movie in January, for example.I just created a studio in the Studios thread. Please, can someone tell me if everything is ok in that post?

You can release any number of movies at any time of the year. I'd just recomend small movies with only small plot summaries, since we don't have much time left. And yes, your studio post is fine. It dosen't really matter so much though.

• Community Manager

You can release any number of movies at any time of the year. I'd just recomend small movies with only small plot summaries, since we don't have much time left. And yes, your studio post is fine. It dosen't really matter so much though.

He has a week. That's enough time to write a long movie if he wants.

Is this the thread where I choose what rights do I want?

Only if you're planning on releasing a movie in the near future. If you just post a movie to a franchise that nobody has taken, you'll be fine.

I will start to create movies tomorrow since it is late here.Thanks for the help guys. This is a HUGE game with lots and lots of stuff to do. If a guy isn't really into this he will forgot to do half the stuff needed.