Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

Ok may I just say...this movie was excellent, fantastic, just through and through good.

Entertaining plot, great comedy, great drama, and just knock-out performances.  Bale, Cooper, Lawrence, Renner, heck Louis CK...everyone was just in top form.  Also

Robert De Niro

was awesome.  I spoilered that cause I didn't know...they were in the movie.

I didn't include Amy Adams cause let me say she knocked it out the damn park and even with all the great acting going on she stood out even more.  She was my favorite...I smell some Oscar gold.

I really liked this movie...I could see it playing well for audiences too...whether this will do Silver Lining type money I don't know...but it damn well should.

And as a special treat I got a Q&A with David O Russell at my screening (plus some of his key crew), didn't even know that was coming.  He was a good listen.

I highly recommend this movie.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Claire Holt

great review kowhite! :wub: 

Glad u liked Adams! Hopefully she can get in top 5 (*cough cough* instead of Streep)!

If Lupita wins it'll be on her own merits. That's a fantastic performance

will see 12 YaS next week

no matter how great she is (I believe she is cause I already support her! )  but the competitions matters too

Edited by Leyla

Oh man, the trailers and clips for this movie are so good. It is like a light hearted version of  Pulp Fiction

I can´t wait to see Batman, Rocket Racoon, Hawkeye, Superman´s Girlfriend and Mystique/Katniss Everdeen ALL IN ONE MOVIE!!!

watching this in the cinema soon. looks fantastic, 100% RT rating, 8/10 av rating, wat more can you ask.

still think 12 years a slave will get BP oscar though..its got a 9/10 av rating and 97 on metacritic, one of the best films of all time in fact(with 150 + reviews on RT)

Edited by Halba

Don't think this will win BP or BD though...reviews are quite good but not outstanding and there seems to be certain elements which makes this highly enjoyable but not great...looks like audience will have more fun than critics here...supporting for Lawrence and lead nominations for Bale and Adams is possible.

• Like 2

Don't think this will win BP or BD though...reviews are quite good but not outstanding and there seems to be certain elements which makes this highly enjoyable but not great...looks like audience will have more fun than critics here...supporting for Lawrence and lead nominations for Bale and Adams is possible.

I'd bank on it...Bale and Adams better both be up for best actor and actress.  Adams should win, imo.