Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

Jennifer Lawrence on American Hustle"It was fantastic and incredible. I would work on anything with David. He reminds me of why I love this job. When I took the part in American Hustle I had the option of going on vacation for three weeks or shooting this movie. Part of me didn’t want to do it because I knew I really needed to take a breather, but I couldn’t not work with David, so I said yes. And I realized it was much better than a vacation. He’s like adrenaline for creativity. He’s like food for any creative process. Just the way he works is already a great experience. I love every moment I’m on his sets."

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/deadline-oscars-contenders-2013-captain-phillips-american-hustle-before-midnight-despicable-me-2/

Anyone who’s been waiting for David O. Russell’s follow-up to last year’s Oscar-nominated Silver Linings PlaybookAmerican Hustle (also for for Sony), will be happy to know the film was locked down today. This is per one of the film’s producers, Richard Suckle, who was on hand to discuss the genesis of the film which is loosely based on the ABSCAM scandals of the 1970s. One of his funnier reveals was that star Bradley Cooper — not wanting to perm his hair for the film — spent hours in hair and makeup every day getting it curled. Co-star Christian Bale, on the other hand, gained 40 lbs. for his role and shaved the crown of his head to perfect his character’s outlandish comb over.
Edited by bskw
  • Like 1

A respected user on the Movie Awards IMDB page (is that a paradox?) has seen the movie and said it's underwhelming. Cooper and Lawrence are the standouts. 

With a stupid mindset, people find a lot of time movies underwhelming.

A respected user on the Movie Awards IMDB page (is that a paradox?) has seen the movie and said it's underwhelming. Cooper and Lawrence are the standouts. 

I don't buy that it is underwhelming, but I guess we will find out when it is released.

Edited by Empire

I won't be surprised if the movie is underwhelming with only JLaw and BCoop getting nominations. I have never believed that Amy Adams has much of chance in a year like this and the Best Actor field is too crowded for Bale, IMO.

When I think about the nominations for this, I always think it will depend on how embraced the movie will be by the Academy. If it's as embraced as SLP or TF, Bale and Adams can still be nominated even if their categories are the most packed. The expectations for this movie is ridiculously high though so it's bound to disappoint some. 

Also, a behind-the-scenes pic:

Posted Image

I won't be surprised if the movie is underwhelming with only JLaw and BCoop getting nominations. I have never believed that Amy Adams has much of chance in a year like this and the Best Actor field is too crowded for Bale, IMO.

Yeah I would love to see Bale, but the unexpected splash of Robert Redford really put a dent in those chances. McConaughey too, to a lesser extent.