Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

I read the script. Bale's role is amazing, definitely gonna get oscar attention. Also O. Russel's Goodfellas comparison in tone and as inspiration seems very valid.

This will be a very entertaining movie. 

Based of the boxoffice of Russel's last two films and the star wattage of this film, I say 140 domestic.

Isn't Bale playing a Congressman? The real one probably had a younger wife. Anyway one of the great things about Lawrence is that she can play older roles too while most actresses her age can't. SLP role was supposed to be an older role as well and DOR had Zooey Deschanel in mind (late 20s) to play the role but Lawrence pulled it off better than Deschanel could have.

It's definitely got that Goodfellas-esque tone. Though this is the first script, and DOR has rewritten the script since and he's pretty good with comedy. There's some funny stuff to do with the character that I'm just kinda assuming is the one being played by Louis CK.

• Like 1

It's definitely got that Goodfellas-esque tone. Though this is the first script, and DOR has rewritten the script since and he's pretty good with comedy. There's some funny stuff to do with the character that I'm just kinda assuming is the one being played by Louis CK.

Mel Weinberg is freaking hilarious in the script. If Louis Ck plays Polk he will be involved in alot of hilarious shit, but also the but end of many jokes from Mel.

Isn't Bale playing a Congressman? The real one probably had a younger wife. Anyway one of the great things about Lawrence is that she can play older roles too while most actresses her age can't. SLP role was supposed to be an older role as well and DOR had Zooey Deschanel in mind (late 20s) to play the role but Lawrence pulled it off better than Deschanel could have.

He play's a financial con artist. His wife is a stay at home wife, and never suspected him as a cheater and or thief. So a young maybe  dimwitted/ unsuspecting  wife could work. Don't know how DOR is gonna do that one. But his mistress/partner in crime played by Amy Adams has the better role and the one Weinberg truly loves.

Obviously there will be script changes, but DOR needs to keep that dialogue for Weinberg, dude is a riot. Also needs to keep the bowling alley/bathroom/parking lot scene and the end. The script was damn good, i could see where some tweaks were needed and a couple corny things (wayne newton WTF) but stick to the script! And don't change the ending it's brilliant.

Edited by newknicksfan