The Stingray

Should the Prometheus & Blade Runner universes be merged?

Prometheus & Blade Runner.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Prometheus & Blade Runner universes be merged?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you think there will be concrete connections to Prometheus in the next Blade Runner movie?

• Yes.
    • No.

The Prometheus Blu-ray contains several hints of a possible merging of the Prometheus (Alien) & Blade Runner universes. First there was this message from Peter Weyland referencing Tyrell from Blade Runner and creator of Replicants.

Posted Image

On the Blu-ray it is also mentioned that Ridley Scott entertained the idea of a Weyland-Tyrell Corporation in Prometheus.

My question to you is: Do you think that the Prometheus & Blade Runner universes should be merged?

I feel it is a cool idea to toy with, but ultimately a unnecessary one. One that might diminish the value and integrity of both franchises. Although I do have a feeling that we will see more concrete connections between the two universes in the upcoming Blade Runner sequel/prequel.

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

1. No. 2. I still think the chances of Bladerunner prequel/sequel/quasi whatever being made is really, really slim to none.David in Prometheus echoed a lot of Bladerunner's themes though. Ridley Scott actually made Michael Fassbender watch Bladerunner/2001 before shooting Prometheus.

Coning to a theaters this summer

if this is true I can see this happen in a couple of years

Alien vs. Predators vs. Replicants

directors: McG/ Olivier Megaton

writer:Scott M. Gimple, Michael, Green, Greg Berlanti, and Matthew Peterman

Staring:

Talyor Kitsch

Topher Grace

Kirsten Dunst

Val Kilmer

Lindsay Lohan

Chris O'Donnell

Hilary Duff

• Like 2

Can you recognize mine? Without googling of course. :) Baumer should the know the first one...Btw I did know yours. ;)

I know the first one is from one of the later Friday the 13ths. I think it's 7....could be 9 though. I'm not really that good with the Friday's past 6. The last one....is it from Contagion?

I know the first one is from one of the later Friday the 13ths. I think it's 7....could be 9 though. I'm not really that good with the Friday's past 6.The last one....is it from Contagion?

Good job on the 1st one Baumie. ;) Its Friday 7: The New Blood. 2nd one is 28 Days Later.
  • Like 1