Batman Begins

79 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Batman Begins

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I remember seeing this opening day and falling in love with it. Parts of it are a bit tedious, but it was a phenomenal setup for TDK. This is one of the few movies where I actually love Neeson. Bale is perfect as batman, and the score and cinematography just bump this film up a level each time.A-

This movie really was the movie that changed the comic book genre from a quality standpoint. It truly upped the level of film for comic book movies and was able to stand up with the other great pictures of 2005, genre notwithstanding. Nolan did a fantastic job with this. Highly underrated film that often gets overlooked due to its bigger brother, TDK.

Edited by Letsuseournoggin
  • Like 2

Posted this in TDKR thread-

I watched Batman Begins for the first time in almost 4 years last night. I think I had only seen it once before, the year TDK came out, I must have missed it completely in theaters and after TDK's awesomeness I never saw a need to watch it again.

But I forgot how good it was! Even though it's Nolan, and the same characters and world, it seems to have a totally different atmosphere than TDK. It's dark in a different way. It's even a little bit more camp and outrageous but sarcastic with the way that's all presented. I really enjoyed it, and for the record I think Katie Holmes was a better Rachel Dawes, she was really idiotic to pass up the sequel. The only person I thought was awful in the film was Tom Wilkinson. He made a great English mobster in Rock N' Rolla but was totally unconvincing with his wannabee Tony Montana here. But I thought Cillian Murphy was great as Scarecrow.

It probably would be viewed more favorably if it had a more iconic villain rather than several smaller villains but still very enjoyable and about as good as TDK. Also the end, with the Joker card, gave me chills. We had no idea what was coming at the time.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM
  • Like 2

Compared to The Dark Knight it's like the worst movie ever. What I do love is what Batman looks like with the hallucination gas thing. That should be what he looks like all the time. But the whole releasing gas and train going into a building or whatever is dumb.