Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That sound like an extraordinary claim to me.

People could be lying obviously but apparently the decision was made during the production of the first movie:

https://www.ign.com/articles/wonder-woman-1984-how-is-steve-trevor-back-chris-pine-set-visit

During the set visit, it also became clear that the decision to bring him back wasn’t dictated by the success of the 2017 flick; director Patty Jenkins came up with Steve’s continuing role in her Wonder Woman movies when she, Pine, and Gadot were filming the first one.

It doesn't deny what I said. He in fact signed a contract for multiple movies. He could also have been in a third or fourth movie, but not in WW84 in the same circumstances... Patty just found a way to fit him in the movie narrative.

But considering that Pine is from the Snyder-era, he certainly was planned to appear in the Flashpoint adaption, not exactly WW sequel.

7 minutes ago, belblazer said:

It doesn't deny what I said. He in fact signed a contract for multiple movies. He could also have been in a third or fourth movie, but not in WW84 in the same circumstances... Patty just found a way to fit him in the movie narrative.

That already seem in direct contradiction with the statement that he had to be in WW84.

Now a contract for that type of actor in that type of roles (specially with the script of the first movie if there was one when he signed) that would have been for multiple movies (and not options) that could have make him able to force WB to put him in them ?

The Wrap seem to also say that it is rumored contract was about having options on many movies:

https://www.thewrap.com/chris-pine-closes-deal-to-star-opposite-gal-gadot-in-wonder-woman-exclusive/

Pine joins the DC Movie Universe in a multi-picture deal that includes sequel options, according to insiders.

That does not engage WB to put him in any of them, if they do Pine salary/condition are already planned but if they do not put them in them they are not liable. A bit like Paramount never exercising all the sequels options of Walberg Transformer trilogy.

If you meant that it was not some big turnaround move that must have been forced by something, because from the start him to reappear in the DCU was planned as a likely possibility, yes.

• Like 1

I didn't like WW84 but it's really dumb to say that WW can't carry 2-3 movies more.

Like it or not , she is one of the most known female super hero as of now. ( yes , a case can we made for Black widow in Asia but we don't know how the movie will work)

With right direction and script , it's very possible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

I didn't like WW84 but it's really dumb to say that WW can't carry 2-3 movies more.

Like it or not , she is one of the most known female super hero as of now. ( yes , a case can we made for Black widow in Asia but we don't know how the movie will work)

If they do they need a better director. 

I searched for the New Gods thread but couldn't find it.

"Working with Ava is a joy, she's incredibly focused on the emotional core of these characters. It's been fun, I've never written a movie before now I've done some TV, none of it ever comes out, Hollywood's a weird place. But I've done some of that but this is my first sort of big, huge movie with space battles and all that stuff. It's a ball, as long as we focus on the core Jack Kirby relationships that he created, that make it good, it's going to be a good movie. That's where Ava and I both are."

When asked if the New gods movie would further the take that DC films does things darker than Marvel, King said that maybe darker isn't the right word, but ambitious definitely is.

"It'll fall into the 'DC is as ambitious as we can make it,'" the scribe said. "To give a movie like New Gods to a visionary director like Ava. To me Jack Kirby and Ava are very similar creators. They come from similar places and they have sort of parallel histories and I feel like I'm just the person meeting these two people together so they can create something that's unique. I don't know if I'd say it's dark but it's definitely going to be ambitious, it's going to be her doing her thing."

Edited by belblazer

It is astounding that WB will waste money on films like WONKA, LETHAL WEAPON 5 and FANTASTIC BEASTS. They're supposed to be focused on making a profit!

Some much better Ideas:

-make the movie shown in this trailer (trailer was much better - and different - than the movie itself)

-Make a live-action version of this epic classic:

-GAME OF THRONES MOVIE

-Modernized remake of THE EXORCIST 

-MAN OF STEEL 2

-INCEPTION 2

-AQUABRO 2

-THE FLASH

-WONDER WOMAN 3 and 4

-THE BATMAN vs. JOKER

Some movement on international implications of the HBO Max thing - in Germany, WB agreed to a new 28-day window with exhibitors (once they reopen of course). Judas and The Little Things confirmed to head to Sky following their theatrical release, while WW84 is abandoning ship and dropping on there next week, with cinemas still being able to play it later. (first country where the HBO titles are going to streaming/cable as opposed to PVOD)

https://beta.blickpunktfilm.de/details/457432

On 2/12/2021 at 11:41 PM, dudalb said:

I think Joss Whedon will not be getting much work at Warners after the latest bombshell about Michelle Trachtenburg.

He was already "asked to leave" the HBOMax show he created.  So he's done, yeah, with them, and probably with a lot of other people, since all of this is now public and backed up every day by more principles.  (And Fisher's probably feeling a bit better, now.)

WW84 *and* The Little Things have just been announced as both going straight to home ent in France - Blu-ray/DVD on April 7, VOD probably a couple weeks before. Sounds like 'delay for two months then screw it, take it straight to VOD' is the Europe-wide strategy for these WB/HBO Max titles.

So at this rate, UK isn't gonna get Little Things until late March, Judas until mid-April and GVK until...late May, maybe cinemas open earlier and it comes out with reopenings.

On 2/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, Macleod said:

He was already "asked to leave" the HBOMax show he created.  So he's done, yeah, with them, and probably with a lot of other people, since all of this is now public and backed up every day by more principles.  (And Fisher's probably feeling a bit better, now.)

A reminder that Fisher's still on-going beef with Johns and Hamada hasn't been resolved, even if certain segments of the DC Comics faithful seem satisfied that Whedon is being run through the ringer, even though he wasn't the dude in charge of the JL retooling. 

I think dude was done after JL. Dude had a long time rep for being obnoxious, and Hollywood will tolerate that to a point unfortunately if you are a license to print money. When the ATM quits shooting out the bills, they have no trouble kicking you to the curb. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2020 at 2:15 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Honestly, yeah I can see WB release a shitty Iron Giant remake that misses the point of the original on HBO Max or something. 

On 12/28/2020 at 2:05 AM, filmlover said:

A live-action The Iron Giant remake is probably inevitable. They already included the character in Ready Player One. Just like it's only a matter of time until Disney/20th Century announce a live-action remake of Anastasia is coming (though not until they've given the few remaining 90s Disney titles with box office potential the same treatment first).

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 10:45 PM, Madhuvan said:

WW84 was a huge letdown, but you don't kill off a franchise with WW's potential because of one faillure.

I would say bring in some new writers since a weak script was at the bottom of WW84's failure.

• Like 2