Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Not counting spillover from 2018, and any 2019 movies that make money in 2020 I'll count as 2019 anyway just to even out.

Lego 2 - $420 WW

Isn't it Romantic - $85M

Shazam - $650M

La Llorona - $175M

Detective Pikachu - $750M

Godzilla - $645M

Shaft - $115M

Annabelle 3 - $300M

It - $550M

Kitchen - $130M

Joker - $550M

Good Liar - $50M

Margie Clause - $150M

Superintelligenge - $100M

$4.670B

It's gonna be damn close, and I might be low-balling Pikachu, La Llorona, and Shazam so who knows.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Pikachu - $1.3 billion

It 2 - $750m

Shazam - $700m

Joker - $650m

Godzilla - $600m

LEGO 2vie - $400m

Annabelle - $300m

Thats like $4.8 billion. $5 billion's definitely possible as long as none of these disappoint 

Realistically speaking, It 2 might slightly drop from the first installment and Pikachu could do $1B but only a bit past it. So it’s $4.5B, also the LEGO Movie 2 doesn’t have the same appeal/hype as the first one.

24 minutes ago, Eric Laurence said:

Seems to me that is something any halfway competent CPA could tell you....

And, anyway, it would be easy to program any decent business accounting software to do that.

Don't get why WB is making a big deal about a pretty routine piece of software.

I guess Warners wants to try to revive it's rep for technological advances; since Warners was a grade B studio until 1927, when it took a chance on sound with "The Jazz Singer".

18 hours ago, Jonwo said:

TBF The AI system won't be deciding which movies to greenlight, it's more to streamline the process. The big execs will still have the final say.

They don't need an new AI system. Any decent professional level accounting software program could do the job. Puzzled as to why WB thinks this is news.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

They don't need an new AI system. Any decent professional level accounting software program could do the job. Puzzled as to why WB thinks this is news.

How does a accounting software would create an interesting box office estimate in France, USA, South Korea from an movie high concept + main crew + cast (+release date, +genre, +mpaa rating) ? That seem quite specific.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

They probably need to employ less data analysis people if they use an automated tool. And its not like the current tools they use worked for them last year. I think the reason it is news is because its a deal between two companies. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, TMP said:

Pikachu - $1.3 billion

It 2 - $750m

Shazam - $700m

Joker - $650m

Godzilla - $600m

LEGO 2vie - $400m

Annabelle - $300m

Thats like $4.8 billion. $5 billion's definitely possible as long as none of these disappoint 

I still can't understand those insane predictions for Detective Pikachu

I remember having said I was surprised by those predictions, and people

were telling me "On which planet are you living?  It's such a big social phenomenon"...

Edited by sgrave

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

How does a accounting software would create an interesting box office estimate in France, USA, South Korea from an movie high concept + main crew + cast (+release date, +genre, +mpaa rating) ? That seem quite specific.

Probably should have used "Business Management Software" instead of accounting software, but there are programs out there that, out of the box , could do everything this new program does.

BUt then, it's not unknown for people in companies..particulary in the data management division  to spend money on new software, when avaialbel software could od the job, because buying and managing a new software program is a lot more impressive on your resume then using a existing program.

But I have used programs that could do stuff almost exactly like what this new program does, except it's not about the film industry.

What you described is no great trick for current business software.

Sorry, but you really seem to have little knowledge of off the shelf business software if you think doing that this program does is some great trick.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

They probably need to employ less data analysis people if they use an automated tool. And its not like the current tools they use worked for them last year. I think the reason it is news is because its a deal between two companies. 

The point is that business software that can do what this new program does there has been out there and available for years.

I see a lot of people have never used business software. Believe me, what the new program does is no great trick for current software. 

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But I have used programs that could do stuff almost exactly like what this new program does, except it's not about the film industry.

A program that you entered a description (somewhat similar to what goes on describing a movie) of a product idea and gave you sales projection by world market back ?

Can you go in more details (it is the out of the box part that I find hard to believe for something like movies).