Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

17 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I have high hopes for the OW but maybe BvS numbers is the limit?

BATMAN has broken the opening weekend 4 times. TDKR would have been 5 w/ 3D and no shooting. 

NO. WAY. The Batman does under $225 million opening. Impossible. 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

BATMAN has broken the opening weekend 4 times. TDKR would have been 5 w/ 3D and no shooting. 

This is true. And WW84 would have opened with like 135-155M and I'm sure he will do more than that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Yeah but they do not always keep the money coming in.

All but one (Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close) of their 2010s Best Picture nominees was a hit with totals between $136M to $350M. They've also had other notable non-IP hits that connected like Crazy Rich Asians, Sully, Magic Mike, and others. They're doing just fine and don't need to make Batman money all the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I'm sure if we looked back we'd see this sort of post about BvS earning a new record gross. Ever since BvS in 2016 Every single DCEU movie has made less OW than the previous movie, and while WW84 would have bucked that trend Covid means it didn't. DCEU doesn't get any more chances with the movie going public at large by now, they've got the DC die hards and that's about it until they get a string of good movies.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I think you’re underestimating impact of recent poorly received portrayals. Pattinson/Reeves is a new version of course, but Batman Begins was a new version too, and still hurt by Batman and a Robin 8 years before. SMH also hurt by TASM.    

I think the most important thing for Batman 2022 is revitalizing the character with great reception, and then the sequel can go for monster performance like TDK did.

Joker wasn’t exactly hurt by “recent poorly received portrayals.”

• Like 1

^ Within the 'artistic' community, JOKER was viewed as the closest thing to the Ledger sequel we never received. That definitely helped though you're right, nobody cared about Leto. :hahaha:

I don't want to hijack the thread. Everyone knows my position regarding how I expect THE BATMAN to do opening weekend, though this assumes WB doesn't fuck it up which actually feels unlikely, so who knows. 

Edited by excel1

4 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'm sure if we looked back we'd see this sort of post about BvS earning a new record gross. Ever since BvS in 2016 Every single DCEU movie has made less OW than the previous movie, and while WW84 would have bucked that trend Covid means it didn't. DCEU doesn't get any more chances with the movie going public at large by now, they've got the DC die hards and that's about it until they get a string of good movies.

Well, I doubt The Suicide Squad will gross less than $16.7 mil. The DC shit is so disparate that audiences I doubt this film's going affect future installments. The Batman could easily make a billion while The Flash bombs big time (both of which I expect to happen).

6 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'm sure if we looked back we'd see this sort of post about BvS earning a new record gross. Ever since BvS in 2016 Every single DCEU movie has made less OW than the previous movie, and while WW84 would have bucked that trend Covid means it didn't. DCEU doesn't get any more chances with the movie going public at large by now, they've got the DC die hards and that's about it until they get a string of good movies.

The Batman isn’t part of the DCEU.

32 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The lies lol

Comeon. You guys use You Tube right? Every studio films trailer are uploaded like that. Few of the main channels.

Filmselect Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/c/FilmSelectTrailer/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Movieclips Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/c/MovieclipsTRAILERS/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Joker wasn’t exactly hurt by “recent poorly received portrayals.”

Joker didn’t have any previous portrayals as the starring character. I hope it should be obvious why that’s a very different situation. 

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

Joker didn’t have any previous portrayals as the starring character. I hope it should be obvious why that’s a very different situation. 

Jared Leto’s Joker was heavily pushed in the marketing for SS, and his performance ended up being widely mocked and hated. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Jared Leto’s Joker was heavily pushed in the marketing for SS, and his performance ended up being widely mocked and hated. 

I know, yet still, it wasn’t a Joker movie. I mean cmon, he had like what, 5 minutes of screen time? This is just completely apples to oranges here.

We are a point with moviegoers where they move on from one incarnation to the next extremely quickly if the footage itself looks good AND different enough. Look at Spider-man for example. Joker was a big part of Suicide Squads marketing for sure but Phoenix was clearly much more like Ledger who is the most popular character of the millennium. 

Edited by excel1

Just now, WandaLegion said:

I know, yet still, it wasn’t a Joker movie. I mean cmon, he had like what, 5 minutes of screen time? This is just completely apples to oranges here.

The amount of screen time he received doesn’t seem all that relevant. He was still one of the most talked about parts of the movie, and not in a good way.